Friday, September 7, 2012

Scalloped Tag Treat Holder



These holders were made using the Sizzix/SU Two Tags die. This die cuts two different tags each time. I had just used it to cut out tags for my previous post. Since this die cuts the two tags each pass I always cut my card stock large enough for the whole die. Once I had made the other treat holders I had all these tags left:


I used two of these tags for each of these scallop tag treat holders. With these cut I then scored them below the bottom scallop at the top of the tag. Put adhesive on the scalloped section only and put them together, wrong sides together:


Once these were adhered together I used a bone folder to make a sharp crease on the scored lines. Then put them back on the score board and scored 1/4" on each side of where they were together:


Then I closed this matching the straight edges and using a pencil I made two dots for the hole punch for the ribbon. This way when I use the punch I am going through the two sides of the tag holder:


Once the holes were punched I used a bone folder again to give the new score lines a sharp crease. Using glue dots on two miniature candy bars I put the candy on the scallops--one candy bar on each side of the scallops. Once that was done I used ribbon from the stash and tied it closed. Using the Stampin Up stamp set Bitty Boos Too I used StazOn Black ink to stamp those onto scrap white card stock. Used a small circle and a small scalloped circle punch for those and put them on the front with glue dots. Easy to do and they are free standing and best of all? Use up scraps which is always a good thing.  TFL

No comments: