Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Be Mine, Valentine Treat Holder




Had seen these treat holders made by Dara on   www.stampwithdara.com. Once you get to that scroll down  to her Halloween holder and she will have a link to her video on Youtube.  She had Halloween as well as for Christmas holders she made. I had seen it after I had already made all the elf projects (Christmas) so I am making mine for Valentine's Day. Here are written instructions and photos of what I did.

Supplies:

Sizzix/SU Two Tags die
Solid card stock  9 1/2" long x 2 1/2" wide
Various prints
Red sticky tape
Ribbon
1 3/4" scallop circle punch
1 3/8" circle punch
3/4" circle punch
Mixed Medley stamp set from Stampin Up
Various inks
Pop dots
Hershey fun size chocolate candy bar

Cut the solid card stock to your 9 1/2" x 2 1/2" size. Score this in half width wise at 4 3/4".  Fold on the score line. Put this on the die right above the cut line for the scallop tag:


Hard to see even with white but once it is cut out:


As you can see by my cut piece I had put the fold on my card stock above the cut line on the die and also above the dotted scored line on the die. This way the scored lines that the die makes on the card stock are on the sides only and not across the bottom. Once this was cut I took it to the score board and scored below the bottom scallop at the tag top on one end:


Fold on the scored line. Open it flat and add a small piece of red sticky tape near the scallops:


Then add printed card stock to the front piece which has the scored line below the scallops   ---   my piece is 1 1/2" x 2 1/2":


Close your holder and put a piece of ribbon around the front and back pieces at the bottom of the scored line on the holder. This ribbon is what holds your holder together:



Tie a knot and trim off your ribbon ends. Remove the red piece from your sticky tape and close the scallop over the ribbon:


Now decorate your front scallop piece -- Using the scallop punch I punched a circle from black card stock. Put adhesive on the lower half of the scallop circle piece only and put that on the holder. I used the medallion and the 'be mine' stamps from the stamp set and then used the larger circle punch for the medallion piece and the smaller circle punch for the 'be mine' circle. Pop dots are behind the medallion piece and again behind the 'be mine' circle for dimension. See below:


Then I decided I wanted to emboss the front of a holder so I made this one:


I cut the red holder and then die cut that. Before I scored across the front piece below the scallop I used the Sizzix hearts folder from the Sizzix embossing folder set "Love Set". I embossed the front of the holder only. Once that was done I then continued to make the holder. Rather than use any stamps for this holder I used a white card stock scallop circle and then a circle of heart print card stock and then used a heart punch on red foil paper for the heart. Again the heart print circle and the foil heart have pop dots behind them for dimension. Here is a close up photo of the embossed holder:


I believe Dara had said making these are addictive and she is right --- they go together rather quickly and use smaller pieces of ribbons and printed card stock pieces. These are too cute and thanks to Dara for the inspiration. TFL



No comments: