Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Best Mom Mother's Day Card


This card was inspired by a card for "Friendship Mix" on the paperfections.com blog. I used the pattern she offered for the seed packet for my card. She had used a stamp set from Gina K Designs but I did not have that set so I used a watering can/flower stamp from my baker's rack. These are other photos of this card and how it came together:


This photo is a close up of the flower seed packet. Because I wanted to use the seed packet on front of my card I had to consider the weight if I were to use regular card stock for the packet. Instead I used a pink stripe printed card stock from Hobby Lobby which is much lighter in weight.

To figure this packet out in size first I made the actual pink striped packet and used an ATG to put that together. Then I needed a template for the front white piece for the packet. I used copy paper for that and I cut it to the size I wanted. Using the computer I typed/printed out Best Mom Mix and at the bottom I put Premium Seed Company. I printed it out on the computer to copy paper and had to make a change to where my words were and then printed that out onto white GP card stock. Trimmed that to the size I wanted  for the front of the packet.

Once that was printed out I then used a stamp from the Lockhart Stamp Company and stamped that onto my white piece using StazOn black ink. Set that aside. Then using a dark pink card stock base I cut and scored my card. I used the Whimsy embossing folder from QuicKutz for the white GP background piece on the card front and cut that to the size I wanted. Using a 2 1/4" circle punch I punched two circles from pink checked paper from Hobby Lobby. Put those on top of the white embossed piece using the ATG. Using the ATG I put the white embossed piece onto the pink card base.

I used a white paper doily for the card front as well. I peeled the layers of the doily away until I had just one layer and cut that in half with my scissors. Set those aside. I then used Crayola colour pencils and coloured the watering can and the flowers. Using a fine black marker and a ruler for the lines I made lines on the floral piece.

Using the ATG I put the coloured piece onto the front of the packet. Used twine from my stash. Used a flower button from my button jar and cut off the loop on the back of that. Put that on top of the twine using glue dots. Using double sided tape I put the doily pieces on the back of the packet piece. Then using the double sided tape again I put the decorated packet piece onto the card front.


To add sparkle to the card front I used a glitter pen on the flowers:


So here is a Mother's Day card that has sparkle and shine like Moms do. TFL and YOLO

No comments: