Saturday, April 27, 2013

Trellis Mother's Day Card


Two Sizzix dies on clearance at Mike's so I picked them up --- wanted to make a Mother's Day card for a friend who has many bird houses so I think she will like this card:


To begin with the card base is turquoise card stock from Stampin Up. The white is from GP and the printed card stock for the trellis and the bird is also from Stampin Up.

First I cut and scored the card base. Cut a piece of white GP for the card front. Using the Cuttlebug and my extended plates I cut out the trellis ("Interlocking Circles") die being careful to cut around the Stampin Up logo on the printed card stock. Once that was cut out I cut a second piece of white GP larger than what I would need. I then put the trellis piece on the white card stock using a glue pen --- once again I used the wallpaper seam roller to go over the trellis to be sure the glue and papers were adhered together. I used the SU Square Lattice embossing folder to emboss the trellis piece. Once that was embossed I then took it to the trimmer and trimmed it to the size I needed for the card front. Set that aside.

For the bird I used the die "Bird & Flower Vine Set in the Cuttlebug and I cut out the printed card stock. I wanted the wing to the bird to be raised so I used the SU Bird Punch and punched out a wing -- used a sponge to lightly sponge the edges of the wing and put that on the bird with a glue dot. I used the vine from the die and cut out two pieces of green card stock from the scrap box and cut them to the size I needed with scissors. Put them together with a glue dot. Using the sprig/branch punch from Marth (Martha Stewart) I punched out a few pieces. Put them on top of the vines using glue dots. Put the bird on the branches also with glue dots and set this aside.

I put the card front pieces together onto the card base using the ATG. Then I added the bird/branch piece to the card front using pop dots.

For the "Happy Mother's Day" I used a stamp from Inkadinkado and Temp Turquoise ink from SU. Used the large oval punch from SU for that piece and the turquoise ovals under it. Added blue crystals from the stash and put the greeting on the card with glue dots.

Here is a photo of the embedded embossing:


Here is a photo of the bird and branch cluster:



And the card front again:


Since the trellis piece is a long die I am able to use the other part of the trellis piece I cut off  for another card or project. The bird die for this card is sizable so I think it worked well with the trellis. The sprigs help to fill up the vines under the bird and adds more texture to the card front. TFL and YOLO

No comments: