Saturday, May 18, 2013

Flutterbies Card



Had seen this idea for a card done on Pinterest so do not know who it is originally from. I have seen it made with butterflies, hearts, and the ornament punch from Stampin Up.

If you follow my blog you will see I rarely will make a white card --- I do not think the white GP card stock is thick enough to be a card base for a card and I do not like the white card stock from Stampin Up. This white card stock is from PaperTreyInk.com and all of their card stock is really nice but their white I like the most. I will make up a white card but now will only use their card stock.

To begin with this card is on the PTI white card stock for the card base. I cut and scored that and set it aside. Using scraps for the solid aqua pieces I first punched out my butterfly in another colour scrap. I used the cut out shape to measure the widest part of it. That will decide how wide my aqua strip pieces needed to be. Once that was decided I trimmed the aqua pieces to the width I needed. Then I punched the Stampin Up Butterfly punch from one end of each aqua piece. Decided the the length I wanted those to be and I trimmed them to that size. Using my ATG I put the aqua strips onto the white card stock base. Then using a glue dot in the center of the aqua butterflies I put those on the card front.



For the patterned piece in the center I used card stock from Mikes and again measured my strip and punched out the butterfly. I wanted a solid butterfly under the printed one so I used the same aqua scraps and punched out a third aqua butterfly to put under the printed one. I pinched the wings of the printed butterfly to stand up. Crystals are from the stash. Here is a close up of the butterfly:



For the greeting "thinking of you" I used a stamp from the Stampin Up set Teeny Tiny Wishes and stamped that with SU Temp Turquoise ink. I used the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to stamp it on the card front.

 TFL and YOLO

1 comment:

MaryH said...

Truly unique look on this one. Thanks for the tip on Paper trey paper. Never tried any of their papers...have a few stamps. Boy, do I wish you lived closer! TFS