Monday, May 6, 2013

Happy Father's Day Card



This card is on a card stock base of True Thyme from Stampin Up, cream is from Close To My Heart, and the striped paper is Anne Griffin. For the tie I used the Hero Arts Funky Ties set which is four different tie stamps and a tie die and is exclusive to Archivers. For the buttons I used a small circle punch.

To dress up the front of the shirt I added a pocket which I used the stripe paper sideways and added a stripe at the pocket top. I used the Stampin Up small tag punch to punch that out and I cut off the top of the tag shape. For the "Happy Father's Day" tucked into the pocket I used the computer to print that onto cream card stock and again used the tag punch, cutting off the curved tag top. To stamp the tie I used the SU True Thyme ink and cut that out with the Cuttlebug.

Very plain card -- no flowers or bows -- :0(  --- but it will work for Father's Day --- the other choice would be something with fishing or golfing on the card front and I already have done those. TFL and YOLO

No comments: