Friday, May 24, 2013

Hello Silhouette Card



Card base is pink card stock from Stampin Up, white from GP, pink background is BoBunny, and the green gingham is Paper Studio from Hobby Lobby. Doily is from the dollar store.

To begin with I started with the frame stamp from the Stampin Up Four Frames stamp set that I just picked up at a garage sale. I used SU ink and stamped that onto scrap white/GP. I have three SU oval punches and none of them are the right size for this label so using my small scissors I cut out the center of the frame. Using the label punch from SU that matches this set I punched out my label.

Then using markers I used a small flower stamp from the SU stamp set Silhouette Sentiments and coloured that. I stamped that onto white/GP and using the same label punch I punched out the floral piece. I put my cut frame over the top of the flowers and put that in place using pop dots. Here is a photo to show that:


For the "hello" I do not have a single stamp small enough to fit on the Jewelry Tag that the SU punch makes so I used the "hello baby" stamp from the SU Teeny Tiny Wishes and used a marker to colour just the 'hello' part of the stamp. Stamped it onto the white/GP and punch it out with the Jewelry Tag punch.

To assemble the card I cut and scored the pink card base. Cut a piece of white/GP for the card front. Then cut the BoBunny striped card stock to fit on top of the white/GP piece. Put those all together using the ATG and then ran the ATG across the card front. This will hold the doily in place as well as the gingham paper. Once the doily was on the card front I put the gingham on top of that. Using large glue dots I put the floral frame piece on the doily piece. Using a small glue dot I added the "hello" tag under the floral frame piece. Here is a photo of that:


I like the pink with the green --- just like the blue and white, pink and brown, black and white, red and kraft combos --- another one of my favorite combos.  TFL and YOLO

No comments: