Friday, May 10, 2013

In My Thoughts Card


Bought more used Stampin Up stamp sets and wanted to play with them --- to begin with this card is on a blue card base from Stampin Up, printed card stock is double sided from a 6 x 6 paper pad  pack from My Mind's Eye "Stella Rose". The cream card stock is from Close To My Heart. Flowers are from the stash as is the brad.

Once the card base was cut and scored I then decided which papers for the background on the front of the card. Decided to add a strip of a different pattern paper along the bottom third of the card. Put the strip on the background piece and put these on the card base using the ATG.

For the printed label piece I used a $10.00 Spellbinders die set "Wavy Rectangles" from AC Moore. Then for the greeting I used one of the new-to-me stamp sets "Word Play" and I stamped that stamp onto cream card stock using Taken With Teal ink from Stampin Up. Once that was stamped I used the Large Rectangles dies from Spellbinders and cut that out using the Cuttlebug. It seemed plain to me so I used the flower from another new-to-me stamp set "Charming" and stamped that on the edges of the cream piece. I centered the cream piece on the Wavy Rectangle piece and put that together using the ATG.

Using the small Sizzix die "Little Leaves" I cut out two leaf pieces from the same patterned paper I used for the background on the card front.  Once those were cut I spritzed them lightly with the Shimmer Mist and set them aside to dry. I put the flowers together with the brad. Using the branch/sprig punch from Martha Stewart I punched out five pieces using the left over paper from the Wavy Rectangle piece I had cut out. I put the leaf pieces on the upper right corner of my label, added my flowers with a glue dot, and put the branch/sprig pieces where I wanted them under the flowers. This label piece is on the card front using pop dots. Here is a photo to show the Shimmer Mist on the leaf pieces:


Glad to find the Wavy Rectangles as I had not seen them before and for $10.00 I knew they would be going to my house. I have a few more new-to-me Stampin Up stamp sets -- in EXCELLENT condition -- so hope to be able to use more of them.  TFL and YOLO

No comments: