Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Quick Cards


Had seen the cards done by Tina Weller at serenestamper.com. She did a video and made three cards very quickly and all the cards have the same technique but look different due to the colours she used, stamp set, and whether she did this to make a horizontal card or a vertical card. Here are two cards I made up quickly and she is right --- it does not take long at all.

Do not have much time in the craft room this week but here are my two attempts for Tina's technique:



Here is the first card and the supplies I used:


Card stock is a card base of coral from Stampin Up, dotted paper from Mikes, white is GP. I used three markers to colour the front of the card. Using the StazOn ink as Tina suggested I used a red and a green ink for the tulip -- the tulip and the word stamp are from the Stampin Up stamp set Garden Whimsy. Used yellow ribbon from the stash to tie across the front of the card.

The second card:


Again used three makers to colour the front of the card. The card base is Temp Turquoise from Stampin Up, printed paper from Mikes, and white is GP. I used Black StazOn ink for the flower stamp on the front --- I used a flower stamp from the Stampin Up Garden Silhouettes stamp set. Added crystals from my stash to the flowers. "Kindness Matters" is from the Kindness Matters stamp set also from Stampin Up.

I really like this technique and was glad to see Tina's video --- she said they are quick cards and she was right about that . .  . Thanks Tina for sharing this. TFL and YOLO

No comments: