Friday, May 24, 2013

Something smells fishy to me . . .


Love to look at others cards and projects and I have learned so much from so many . . .   You never know where you will get inspiration from .... card ideas, putting colours together that you may never do, using stamp sets in different ways. . .  I always try to explain what I did or how I did something . . . but sometimes no matter how long you search??? NO details.

For this card I will do my best to explain it all --- so here is the card:


This is a fishing vest card I made for a friends DH for Father's Day. He loves to fish and is always out on their boat. To begin with I used Kraft card stock from PaperTreyInk for the card. Using the Scor-Pal I made this vest from a gate fold card. (Scor-Pal.com has patterns for all the card shapes you can make using their board. Also on the Scor-Pal it is marked where to score for a gate fold card).

Once I cut and scored the Kraft card stock I had to make the curves on the vest for the sleeves. I had done this before on a card I made for last Memorial Day and here is that card:


So I used a pencil and made the curves on the card stock for the sleeves and I cut the curves away using my scissors. To cut away the top opening I punched an oval out of scrap card stock and laid it on top of my vest which was closed. Used the oval shape as a pattern and ran around that shape with a pencil. I put the oval as far down on the vest that I wanted the opening to be.

For all the pockets on the vest front I just used a square punch and then a corner rounder punch. Once they were all cut to the size I wanted I sponged SU Close to Cocoa ink on the edges. I then sponged all the edges, both outside as well as inside the vest, with the SU ink. For the "gone fishing" here is what that stamp looks like when it is stamped:


But I did not have room on the vest for a long stamp so using the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig I stamped it with the words stacked rather than spread out. Again used a square punch for that . Made two small holes and ran string in that for the handle to the sign. Put all the pocket and sign on the card front with a glue dot. Added the small pocket at the bottom, again with a glue dot, and added string to the button and put that on the small pocket.

For the other side I printed "FISH" out onto card stock on the computer and put that on the pocket side. Added fish I stamped and cut out onto string and put them on the pocket and put this on the card front with glue dots. Again added the small pocket at the bottom. Here are photos of each side of the card fronts:



Wish I had a pattern to share but I don't but this is how I made this card --- It has details but did not take that long to make. Hoping it will make him smile on Father's Day --- here is the card again and TFL:



No comments: