Sunday, May 19, 2013

Vintage Autumn Card



Card is on a card stock base of Stampin Up Mellow Moss. I used white from GP and glossy white card stock from Stampin Up.

For this card I used glossy white card stock for the center piece. I cut a piece of the glossy card stock larger than the stamped image and large enough for the oval die I used. I inked the floral stamp with VersaMark and stamped it onto the glossy paper. Set that aside to dry. Got out my brayer and the Stampin Up ink pad Kaleidacolor "Autumn Leaves". I ran the brayer over the inks to transfer the inks onto the brayer. Once that was done I ran the brayer over the inked floral stamp on the glossy paper -- keeping the brayer on the glossy paper and going back and forth a few times --- only inked the brayer once to do this. I then used a soft cloth and using a circular motion I rubbed the ink off the floral image which brings out the stamped image.



To make this card  I cut and scored the card base. Cut a piece of white GP for the card front. I wanted to put a "hello" stamp onto the right lower corner of the white GP piece but I did not have a small "hello" stamp I wanted to use. So I ended up using the "hello baby" stamp from the Stampin Up Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set and I only inked  the "hello" on the stamp. Stamped that on the lower right corner where I wanted to have my greeting. Then using the Fresh Vintage stamp set from Stampin Up I stamped the edges of the white piece using the largest stamp in the set which is the floral piece in the center of my card. I inked the stamp with SU Mellow Moss ink and stamped it off onto scrap paper and then stamped the edges of the white piece turning the stamp as I went around the edges of the white GP piece.  Having my greeting already stamped onto this piece I was careful not to stamp over that. Once this was completed I put this white GP piece on the card base.



For the oval center piece I used the Cuttlebug and two Spellbinder dies -- the Classice Large Ovals which I used to cut out the oval floral piece. For the green piece behind that I used more of the Mellow Moss card stock from Stampin Up and I used the Big Scalloped Ovals Small die set for that. Put those two pieces together and put pop dots behind that for dimension. Added clear crystals from my stash and the card is complete.  Here is a photo to show the center piece has a glossy finish to it:



This was a simple card to make since I used one stamp set for both the center piece and the background on the card stock behind it.  TFL and YOLO

No comments: