Saturday, May 25, 2013

Wishing You Well Card



Here are the supplies used for this card:

True Thyme Stampin Up card stock for card base
Crumb Cake Stampin up card stock for border card front
Cream card stock from Close To My Heart for the cream front

Inks:
Stampin Up Sahara Sand
Stampin Up Ruby Red

Stamps:
Stampin Up Fresh Vintage
Stampin Up Fine Lace background stamp
Close To My Heart Say It In Style

Markers:
Stampin Up Dusty Durango
Stampin Up Ruby Red
Stampin Up Mellow Moss

Tools:
Scor-Pal
Sponge for edges

To begin with this card has a few steps that have to be done before you can stamp the card. I cut a piece of the cream card stock 8 1/2" x 5 1/2".  I cut this larger as you need to cut it so your 'grid' of the tile look background will be even/straight.

Once the cream is cut put it on the Scor-Pal and score it every 1 1/2 inches the wide way. Then turn this piece sideways and score the long way every 1 1/2 inches. When you score your card stock do not do it lightly as you need these lines to show through the background image. (Just don't do this too deeply or you could tear the card stock).  Once that is scored ink the Fine Lace background stamp with Sahara Sand ink. I used a light ink so you can see there is a pattern but the 'tile' look will show through the stamped image. Then using your grid lines for your 'tiles' line up your background stamp and press hard. This will not matter if you do not have a sharp image -- in fact it looks better being a softer stamp.

Now cut and score your True Thyme card stock base as well as cutting the Crumb Cake piece for the card front. Set these aside.  Trim your stamped cream grid/tile piece to the size you will want for your card front. Using markers I coloured the stamp from the Fresh Vintage stamp set. I used a Mellow Moss marker for the stems and leaves and for the flowers I used both the Dusty Durango and the Ruby Red markers. No right or wrong way -- I have both markers on each flower and each time they looked different when stamped.

Once the stamp was inked with the markers I used the "huff technique" and stamped the corners of the grid/tile piece. (I had my grid/tile piece on top of a piece of copy paper so the stamp would not leave a mark on my counters). Do not clean your stamp in between --- just keep adding markers and then 'huff' before you stamp again. I did the two corners that have the big flowers --- then I stamped the two opposite corners using just one side of the stamp. Once this was done I cleaned the stamp and all the inks came off. (Used my ONLY stamp cleaner --- 1/2 water and 1/2 Simple Green in a spray bottle). Here is a close up of one of the stamped corners:



Using the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig I stamped a stamp from the Say It In Style "Wishing You Well" using the Ruby Red ink pad from Stampin Up. Here is a photo to show the grid/tile look better:



Once the grid/tile piece was all stamped I used a sponge and sponged the edge with Sahara Sand ink. Using the ATG I put all the card pieces together and the card was complete. This sounds like a lot of steps to make this card but it did go together quickly. TFL and YOLO and here is the card again:


1 comment:

MaryH said...

Oh my goodness...this one is so gorgeous. You've really got a nifty technique with the tile effect. Must try this one. TFS