Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Woven Thank You Card

Loved a card made from Jo K and so I tried to make one myself. Had wanted to use a flower similar to the flower in the Stampin Up Mixed Bunch stamp set but since I do not have that set --- how did that happen? I do have the Blossom Punch though so I decided I could use the punch but needed a flower stamp large enough for this. Betsy's Blossoms stamp set has a large flower so I decided this would work. Here is the card with my make shift flower:



The card is on a card stock base of purple from Stampin Up, white is GP, and the strips I used to weave my pattern is from a 6 x 6 paper pack from Stampin Up. This paper pack is double sided papers and that works well for the woven pattern.

Cut and scored the purple card base. Cut the white/GP paper for the card front. Using a few sheets from the paper pack I cut strips for my card front 1/2" wide and in various lengths. I have made woven cards in the past but had seen this pattern done on various projects and liked it since it is a more casual woven piece. To keep the bulk down I used pieces of double sided tape to keep the woven strips together rather than the glue dots as they can be bulky. To make the flag/banner ends I used a small square punch for them.



Using a stamp from the Stampin Up stamp set Teeny Tiny Wishes I stamped "thank you" on one of the strips and I used black ink from SU for that.



 To stamp my flower I used Almost Amethyst ink from SU and stamped it onto a scrap piece of white/GP. Using the Blossom Punch I punched out my flower. Sponged the edges of the large flower. Then using the medium size flower stamp from the same stamp set I stamped that and used scissors to cut that out. Again sponged the edges of the flower and put it on top of the large flower in the center. For the leaves I used scraps of green card stock and a leaf punch from Martha Stewart. Again sponged the edges of the leaves and put those on the flower using glue dots. There are pop dots behind the flower/leaves piece for dimension.


This card is being mailed off to an SU demonstrator that was nice enough to mail me a new SU catalog--the third one I have received from different SU demonstrators -- the nice thing she did is enclosed in the front page of the catalog is a sample sheet -- white card stock with a stamp stamped with all the new colours so you can actually see the true colour stamped --- nice touch as the photos in the catalog may not represent the exact shade of ink of a colour.

Now to address why I do not have the Mixed Bunch stamp set .... that WILL be on my new order from the new catalog. . . but for now here is the card again and I hope she will like it --- TFL and YOLO


No comments: