Thursday, June 27, 2013

Brown Bagging It



Picked up a package of smaller brown bags from the craft store. Using the Courtyard embossing folder set from QuicKutz I used the Roses folder and embossed my bag while it was flat in the Cuttlebug. Once you take it out of the folder you will see the sides and the back of the bag will be embossed. Set this aside.

For the tag I used a shipping tag from Avery from the big box office supply store:


Using the ATG I covered the front of the gift tag with adhesive and then used the card stock from Authentique "Lovely". Once the card stock was on the tag I used a 1/4" circle punch and punched the hole in the tag top. For the greeting I wanted a small greeting so I used the "get well wishes" stamp from the Stampin Up Teeny Tiny Wishes set. I used a marker and inked the "wishes" part of the stamp only and stamped that onto scrap Very Vanilla cream card stock. Using the Spellbinders Charmed I'm Sure tag die set I cut this out. Sponged the edges with Sahara Sand ink. Set it aside.

Cut part of a doily and using a glue pen I put that on the lower right side of my tag. Sponged the edges of the tag with Sahara Sand ink. Tied on pink ribbons from the stash and used twine to tie on my 'wishes' tag and put that on the tag front using a pop dot. Used the multi-butterfly punch from Martha Stewart for my three butterflies and added a pearl to each one. Used a decorative scallop border punch for the pink piece at the lower part of the tag. I covered the clothespin with the printed card stock and used glue for that.

Here is a better photo of the tag:


And a photo of the embossing on the bag:


Simple and easy presentation for a small gift. Am loving this card stock from Authenque --- esp with the brown bag. TFL and YOLO

1 comment:

Mrs A. said...

A beautiful idea. Your little tag is lovely. Hugs Mrs A.