Saturday, June 15, 2013

Floral Thank You Card



Card stock base is Bazzill Ocean Breeze on clearance @ Archivers. Used Stampin Up Blue Bayou on the card front and the print is from Stella & Rose @ My Mind's Eye. For the flower I used a doily for the base and all the flower pieces were cut using the Spellbinders Blossom 3 die set in the Cuttlebug.

To make the flower first I used the large floral stamp from the Stampin Up stamp set Betsy's Blossoms. I used VersaMark clear ink for that and stamped it twice onto white/GP card stock. Using white embossing powder  I embossed the flowers. Once cooled I cut them out in the Cuttlebug using the smallest and the 3rd smallest dies. For the solid flower pieces I used the 2nd smallest die and a larger die. Cut the solid flower pieces from the SU Blue Bayou card stock. To give the solid flowers some texture I used the QuicKutz Courtyard embossing folder and ran them through the Cuttlebug.

For the embossed flowers I used a dauber and added SU Soft Sky ink to the flower in a circular motion. Once the flower fronts were inked I then sponged the edges of the flowers with the ink. I also sponged the edges of the solid flowers with the Soft Sky ink.

Using scrap green card stock I cut three leaves using the Martha Stewart leaf punch and then sponged the edges of the leaves with SU Wild Wasabi ink.  Again I used the Courtyard embossing folder to emboss the leaves. Layered the flower pieces on top of the doily using glue dots to keep them together. Here is a closer photo of the flower and leaves:


Using the awl I made a hole in the center of all the flower layers and used a rhinestone brad to keep the flower layers together. For the "thanks" I used SU Temp Turquoise ink and the stamp is from the SU stamp set Much Appreciated. The die set from Spellbinders is the right size dies to have the doily show under the flowers and being sizable it shows off the layers of the flower. TFL and YOLO

No comments: