Friday, June 28, 2013

Gift Card Holder


This is a gift card holder that Lisa Brownink made. I used Stampin Up double sided card stock to make my holder and will have photos to show how to make this. You need a piece of card stock 10 1/4" long by 3 1/2" wide. Score the long side at 1/2" and turn this piece and score the other long side at 1/2".  Turn this piece and score it on the short sides at 1 1/2" and 6". Here is a photo of that:


As you can see in the photo once my scored lines were made I cut off the part of the holder on the 1/2" score line that was not needed--trimming this off will take the bulk out of the folds of the holder. Using the 3rd smallest die from the SU Framelits die set I cut the small flap in the Cuttlebug:


Once this was cut I clipped my side flap corners and added red sticky tape to hold the holder together:


Here is a photo to show the inside of the holder and the now cut flap before I folded it into the holder:


Here are the measurements for the insert piece I cut from white/GP card stock: 2 1/4" wide by 4 3/8" long. Using the SU stamp set Fresh Vintage I stamped the upper and lower corner of my insert with SU Choc Chip ink.  The insert is for a note or if you want to stamp a greeting stamp or such and it fits nicely in the holder with a gift card:



Once my holder and insert were done I made a belly band for my holder. I used the opposite side of the double card stock and cut that to 1" wide by 5 3/4" long. You can score it but I find with belly bands they are more correct to size if you put it on the holder and just bend the card stock around the piece. Once I have the bend lines I use a bone folder to put a crease in them. Again used red sticky tape to hold that together. Be sure you tape the belly band to itself so you can slide it off and on your holder without it being stuck. This band holds the holder closed -- see photo:



On the front of the belly band I used a label punch from SU with a card stock circle for my greeting holder. For the "happy birthday" stamp I used the stamp in the Express Yourself stamp set new from Stampin Up and again I used the Choc Chip ink for that. Stamped it onto scrap white/GP card stock and cut that out using the Bitty Banners die set from Stampin Up in the Cuttlebug. Here is the front of the holder:


This was an easy holder to make and the gift card will fit well in there without having to force it in or out. Nice presentation for a gift card also. Thanks to Lisa for sharing --- TFL and YOLO

No comments: