Monday, June 3, 2013

Hexagon Card



Card base is Stampin Up Riding Hood Red, kraft from Mikes, white/GP. Used the Fiskars Hexagon punch I picked up on sale at Joanns. Used three papers for my hexagons -- Kraft from PaperTreyInk.com, red checked is from Hobby Lobby**, and the brown dotted paper is from the scrap file.

Punched out my hexagons and made up the pattern I wanted and put them on the white/GP piece using the ATG for adhesive. Once they were on I then used the Darice Dots embossing folder and embossed that piece. Using the ATG I put the white/GP piece onto the kraft piece and then onto the card front.

For the "just for you" I used the SU Riding Hood Red ink and a stamp from the SU stamp set Teeny Tiny Wishes. Used a small oval punch for that and used scrap card stock for the two red ovals behind the white oval piece. ** For the red checked paper once I had those ready to go on the card front I made sure I put them all on there so that the checks are diagonal and not straight across. With the hexagon pattern I liked that better than the checks being in rows.   TFL and YOLO

No comments: