Sunday, June 30, 2013

Ooky-Spooky Tags


These are two tags I made for Boo Day (Halloween).  I used the Sizzix Tim Holtz Tag and Tie die for the tags -- first I cut out two tags from Kraft card stock from PaperTreyInk.com as I wanted the tags to be sturdy. Their Kraft card stock is one of the better ones. I then used a pack of Halloween printed card stock from AC Moore that I had in with the Halloween papers. I picked two prints out and cut out the tag die shapes.

Running my ATG all over the Kraft tag I then put my printed tag on top of that and smoothed it out using the wall paper seam roller I have --- I used that to be sure all the adhesive on the Kraft tag would stick to the printed card stock tags. Once that was done I used black ink from Stampin Up and sponged the edges of my tag. I also punched out a black reinforcement ring for the hole at the top of the tag. I put the rings on the tags using a glue pen.

For the ghosts I used the die from QuicKutz and cut them out in the Cuttlebug. I have some white glitter card stock but it is too thick to be cut out with that die so I used scrap white/GP card stock and cut out the ghosts. To add a bit of shimmer/glitter to them I used the Ranger Perfect Pearls Mist. I had cut out the ghosts and put them on the craft room cookie rack and spritzed the Pearls Mist on them. It does not take long for them to dry and the shimmer/glitter does not rub off. Here is a better photo of the ghosts:


I put a piece of black and orange ribbon across the front of my tag and then put the two ghosts on the tag using pop dots. I then used dotted ribbon from the stash and put that through the tag hole and tied glittery "hairy" black yarn around it. Tied the yarn in a knot and trimmed that to the length I wanted.

For the witch hat tag I used another QuicKutz Halloween die and cut out the hat with scrap black card stock and then cut out the buckle with scrap orange card stock. Again I used the Perfect Pearls Mist on the hat so it has a little shimmer:


I put a piece of orange dotted ribbon at the bottom of this tag using red sticky tape. Then I tied dotted ribbon at the tag top with plain "hairy" black yarn. For the "boo" on this tag I used part of a Northwoods Rubber stamp and inked the "boo" only and stamped that onto scrap orange card stock. I used the 7/8" circle punch I found in the jewelry making section of Hobby Lobby and punched my circle out. Sponged the edges of that with the black ink. Using the EK Success 1" scalloped circle punch and punched out a black circle to go behind the orange circle. Put the witch hat and the "Boo" circle on the tag using pop dots. Here is a close up of the "Boo" circle:





Here is a close up of the ties at the top of the tag:


And here are the two tags again:



Quick and easy tags because I used printed card stock rather than having to pick out stamps and stamp the tags. AC Moore sells these packs of printed card stock for other holidays as well -- I have bought a pack for Valentine's Day and Christmas as well. The nice thing about these packs of printed card stocks is they have different papers in there and also different sizes from very small to the larger square. Wish other stores would also carry these. TFL and YOLO

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Oh I love these tags Candee!! The pearl mist looks amazing on the die cuts! Love the Halloween paper too!