Sunday, June 9, 2013

Patriotic Tag Cards


Used the Sizzix Super Scallop Tag die that I bought used for these tag cards. These cards are for the 4th of July. To make these tag cards I cut and scored my card base and I put the fold of the card just on the inside of the side of the tag on the die and cut them out using the Cuttlebug -- Once the tag was cut out I simply cut off the top of the inside of the card, used my corner rounder on the top cut corner and this is what they look like opened flat:



To begin with for the red tag I used a card stock base of Stampin Up Riding Hood Red. Cut and scored that and then cut it out with the tag die. Trimmed off the inside top of the tag so the tag top is only on the front of the card. Used the corner rounder on my straight top edge.  Once that was done I used a piece of double sided printed card stock from BoBunny. The striped piece behind the BoBunny paper is from Hobby Lobby. Used two star punches from Stampin Up for the red and blue stars. Using twine I ran a small piece through the holes in a white button and making loops like a bow I put a glue dot on the back of the button and put this onto the stars piece.



For "God Bless America" I used the Stampin Up Riding Hood Red ink and that stamp is from Hambo Stamps. Stamped that onto scrap white/GP card stock. Used a label punch from Stampin Up and punched that out. I wanted to add blue to this so I used a larger circle punch and punched a dark blue circle out and put it behind the label. Added three red crystals from the stash and that was done.



Using a 1/4" and a 3/4" circle punches I made the reinforced circle for the tag top. Put that on the tag using a glue pen. Blue ribbon is from the stash. Tied a piece of twine in a knot around the blue ribbon. Used clear glue from Aleene on a toothpick and put that on the knot to keep it tied. I have a pop dot behind the stars and behind the label piece.

The Kraft tag card was made using Kraft card stock from PaperTreyInk. Cut and scored my card and then cut it out using the tag die. Used red checkered card stock from Hobby Lobby for the checked piece at the top. Again I used patriotic card stock from BoBunny for the tag card front. Again used the two star punches from Stampin Up for my stars and added a red crystal in the center.



For the "America" I used the same stamp from Hambo Stamps as I used on the other card but used a marker to colour the "America" only. Stamped this onto scrap white/GP card stock. Used the Stampin Up Bitty Banners die to cut this out. Put it behind the stars using a glue dot. The stars piece has a pop dot behind it for dimension.



Again used the 1/4" and the 3/4" circle punches and made the circle reinforced piece for the tag top. Used blue ribbon from the stash and went out to the garage for string to tie on my blue ribbon. Again used the clear glue from Aleene's to keep the bow tied.

Had made a tag card before using this Sizzix Super Scalloped Tag Die and it was for Christmas and here he is:


Here are the Patriotic Tag Cards again:


Something different for the 4th of July card this year -- wanted to get a red checkered card stock worked into one of the cards because to me the 4th of July is a cookout/picnic as well as the red, white, and blue theme. TFL and YOLO

No comments: