Saturday, June 8, 2013

Spider Pocket Card


Scrapyland.com is redoing their online store and clearing out old products for very good prices -- this is the QuicKutz Pocket Envelope die I just bought for 50% off or more. I decided to use it for a Boo Day (Halloween) card.

To begin with I used Stampin Up black textured 12 x 12 card stock to cut out the Pocket Envelope in the Cuttlebug.  I used sticky tape to close the envelope and I used printed card stock from Hobby Lobby for the wide 'belly band' for the envelope. Did not want the tab on my envelope so this is what it looked like after I took it off and then after I trimmed the perforations off:



Then using the Super Scallop Tag die from Sizzix I cut out a gray tag. Using Stampin Up black ink I used the spider web stamp from Stacystamps, the hanging spider and "happy halloween" stamps are from Impression Obsession. Sponged the edges of the tag using the Stampin Up black ink.  Used two circle punches to make the black hole reinforce piece for the tag top. Tied ribbons from the stash on the tag top. Here is the tag:


Here is a close up photo of the "Boo" label piece on the front of the pocket:


The label is made using scrap black card stock and a label punch from EK Success that I picked up at Joanns. I used scrap rust card stock and the Stampin Up Curly Label punch for the second label. The "Boo" is a stamp from Impression Obsession and again I used the Stampin Up black ink for that. Used the SU small oval punch for that piece. The black spider is a two layer button that I clipped the button loop off the back and put the spider on my labels piece using a glue dot. The spider web behind the labels piece was made using black card stock from Mikes and I used the spider border punch from Martha Stewart. The spider border piece goes around the pocket and is on that with glue dots.

Did not have "bling" the size I wanted to use on the envelope so I used two circle punches for the rust and the black circles and they are on the pocket envelope with glue dots:


Here is the Spider Pocket Card again:


Easy to make this using the envelope die and the tag die. TFL and YOLO

No comments: