Friday, June 14, 2013

Stars and Stripes Tag Card


Used the Super Scalloped Tag die from Sizzix for the card shape -- cut and scored my card and put it onto the die with the scored line just to the right of the side cut line on the die. This way I have the tag cut out and it makes the card shape. Using my trimmer I cut off the tag top on the inside of the card and I used a corner rounder for the straight top edge.

For the stripes I used a white/GP piece of card stock as a base and cut my blue, white, and red strips to make the stripes on the card. Put the strips onto the white card stock using the ATG being sure the stripes were tight together so the white underneath them would not show. Once that was done I ran this through the Cuttlebug using the stars embossing folder from QuicKutz. Trimmed it to the size I needed for the tag front. Put it on the tag using the ATG.

Using a 1/4" round punch I punched a hole in scrap white/GP card stock. Using a 3/4" circle punch I punched over the smaller hole to make the reinforced circle for the tag top. Used a glue pen to put that on the tag. The blue and red stars were made using the Stampin Up stars punches and I added a red crystal from the stash in the center of the stars.

"God Bless America" is a stamp from Hambo Stamps and I used SU Real Red ink for that. Used a label punch from Stampin Up and punched that out. Added red crystals from the stash above the greeting.  I used a circle punch and punched out two red circles to put behind my greeting label. That is on the card front using pop dots for dimension.

Here is a close up photo of the front of the tag card which shows the embossing better:

                      
The ribbon is from the stash. I tied white twine around the ribbon and used Aleene's Clear glue to add adhesive to the twine bow so it will not untie --- used a toothpick to put that on. This glue dries clear and it is easy to work with. TFL and YOLO        

No comments: