Sunday, July 14, 2013

Bling it on - -


Made three styles of Post It Note holders for this post -- and the new paper clips with paper bows. All holders are different and I will explain each one:


This first holder is on Bashful Blue card stock from Stampin Up. The printed paper is from the stash. Used a scallop punch from Fiskars for the front piece. "For You" is a stamp from the SU stamp set Vintage Labels. Used a scallop and a circle punch for the medallion piece and that stamp is from the SU Fresh Vintage stamp set. Added a crystal from the stash to that. The medallion piece is on the front of this holder using pop dots for dimension. This is a side view:



 When opened the holder looks like this:


To make this holder I cut a piece of the blue card stock 6 3/4" long and 3 1/8" wide. Score this at 3 1/8" from each end. Using a bone folder crease your scored lines. Decorate the front and when that is done use adhesive to put your Post It Note pad inside the holder. This holder holds a full size Post It Note pad.



For the second holder I used a piece of rust card stock 8" long x 3 1/4" wide. Score this at 3 1/4", 3 1/2", 6 3//4", and again at 7". Again use the bone folder to crease all the scored lines. The front and inside printed card stock is 3" x 3". This printed card stock is from My Mind's Eye and being double sided I also used this paper for the scalloped piece at the top of the holder and also for the top flap front. Using the SU Mixed Medley stamp set I stamped the medallion stamp onto scrap cream card stock and again I used circle and a scallop circle punch for that. To keep this holder closed I cut a square from Velcro and put this on the holder. The trick to using Velcro is to have the hook and loop pieces already stuck to each other and peel the backing off one side and put it on your piece--once in place peel off the other backing on the other Velcro piece and close your holder and the two Velcro pieces will be in the exact place on your holder to open and close. This holder is nice because when you open it you have the decorated papers inside as well. Here is a photo of the opened holder:


The one thing about this holder though is it only has space for 1/2 a pad of the Post It Notes -- if you wanted it to hold a full pad you will have to adjust your sizes and score lines. Here is the view of the closure with the Velcro:


At the top of my scallop I have two large glue dots to put this on the top flap and the Velcro is on the bottom half of the scallop piece.

For this last Post It Note holder it was suggested to use chip board --- but I don't have any of that.... it was also suggested to use a blank square paper coaster --- but I don't have any of those. So I had to make this "clip board" for my Post It Note holder using supplies on hand. Here is that holder:


How I made the "clip board" is I used a thicker card stock from K&Company. It is a single sided paper but it comes in a pack of papers so I used the floral print on the front and a dotted paper for the back. Using the papers from the paper pack they coordinate:


To begin with I needed some kind of a base to work from. Since the Post It Notes are 3" x 3" I made my "clip board" 4" x 4".  I used a piece of the card board backing to a pack of SU card stock. I cut that to a 4" x 4" square. Then I cut my two printed card stocks also to 4" x 4". For the printed card stocks I used a corner rounder punch. Ran the ATG over the card board piece and put the front paper onto the card board. Once that was in place I used scissors on the card board square corners and cut them to be curved like the printed card stock. Once that was done again using the ATG I put the back piece onto the card board. I then put the Post It Notes on the front of my "clip board".

This holder has the other half of the Post It Notes that I used for the second holder I made. I used a gold binder clip from my stash and I covered that with matching card stock to the "clip board". Added pink ribbon from the stash and put the binder clip on my holder. Having the binder clip on this piece makes the holder not lie flat so it is angled on the table. Here is a photo of my clipped corners:


For all the Post It Note holders I made the paper clips with the bows that I just learned how to make last week The banner piece on the clip is 3" long x 1/2" wide -- clip the ends into the banner shape. For the center of that clip the width of your paper clip about a third of the way from the edge. Using glue dots put the paper clip onto the back of this card stock where you clipped your card stock. Fold over the clipped piece over your paper clip. Using a small piece of card stock--approx 1/4" wide x 1 1/2" long--wrap this in the center of the banner where you clipped it and this will start in the back and go through the top of your paper clip and I wrapped it around a couple of times and then used a glue dot in the back to keep this on. Trim off any excess card stock. For the bow loops cut 2 pieces 1/2" wide x 2" long. Using a bone folder run these two pieces over that to curl these loops. Put a glue dot on the inside of the loop at the end to keep it in a loop shape and then put glue on on the back of that and put it on the banner piece at the top of the paper clip. Put your loops up against the center wrapped piece on the paper clip. Added crystals to all the bows.

Easy holders for Post It Notes and I bought mine at the big W -- they have all the back to school items out and they are selling pads separately so you can pick the colours you want -- otherwise you have to buy them in the packs that Post It Notes sell with 4 colours. Three different patterns for the Post It Note holders and they all serve the same purpose -- which is to hold the Post It Notes -- but they all look different. But they all went together quickly and would make nice small gift or favor and also use up more of your scraps. TFL and YOLO

1 comment:

Brenda said...

I love all these post it holders Candee, they all are such great styles!