Monday, July 29, 2013

Boo Tags #1


What is Boo Day (Halloween) without a spider or two? or bugs?  eeek  .  . .  Used the Sizzix Super Scalloped Tag Die for the tag and that is from green card stock from SU. Sponged the edges of that lightly with green ink. Used two small circle punches for the reinforced hole at the top of the tag. For the spider in the jar I used the Halloween plate/die from the Cuttlebug and cut the spider out of flocked black card stock from Hobby Lobby. Here is the plate/die:


Once again wanted the spider to have green eyes so I used a small circle punch and punched a green circle and put this on the backside of the spider --- in person it is easy to see his green eyes:



Stamped the jar stamp from the SU Perfectly Preserved stamp set onto white/GP using gray ink. Cut that out with the matching die to that set. Sponged the edges using the gray ink. I cut out two of the jar lid pieces--one for the front of the jar and the other for the back of the jar. I wanted the back of the jar lid covered since I have the jar just off the side of the tag -- this way from the the back of the tag it looks more finished:


For the spider I used a ruler and a think black marker to show the spider is hanging in the jar from his web. Put the jar onto the tag front using pop dots and the spider is also on a pop dot inside the jar. For the "EEEK" I used a punch by Martha Stewart and again I used the flocked black card stock for that.

Once again I glued the card stock onto the clothespin using clear glue from Aleene and I used a stamp from the SU samp set Mixed Medley. At the top of the "Treats for Boo" stamp is a pumpkin---I did not want that to show on this card so using a $1 punch from the craft store I punched out bugs. Using a glue pen I put one of the bugs over the pumpkin on that stamped image to cover the pumpkin. Used various punches for the circles for that. Put this piece onto the clothespin using a glue dot.

Put my three bugs on the tag front using a glue pen. Used green tulle for the tie at the top of the tag and tied ribbon and sparkly 'hairy' yarn around that. Here is a closer photo of my spider in the jar:


This tag will go on top of a brown paper bag I am using as a treat holder for Boo Day --- I will either stamp all over the bag with a dollar stamp or I will emboss the bag in the Cuttlebug with a holiday folder -- as I had done for this floral tag using a rose folder:


To emboss your paper bag leave it flat (unopened) and put this in your embossing folder. Then run it through the Cuttlebug and when done the front, sides, and back of the bag will all be embossed. Easy peasy . . .

Tags are good for people I give treat bags to and not send them a holiday card --- like the stamp club or someone you see now and then. TFL and YOLO

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Oh Candee, this tag is adorable!!