Sunday, July 7, 2013

Halloween Treat Holders


From the Fall 2013 Crafts N Things magazine I made these bats:



This pattern is from Linda Valentino and she calls them the Bat Treat Boxes. She used a toilet paper roll for the center of the bats but I used the Sizzix Pillow Box die for mine.

Another cute project in this magazine is from Linda Beeson and she calls hers Silly Bats Favors as she used bats on her treat holders. Since I do not have the stamp she used I used a spider stamp for one of my treat holders and a cute bat for my second holder. Here are mine:


Each of these treat holders are made with a piece of card stock 3" X 8" and you score this 3 1/4" from each end. I stamped each piece while it was flat and then used a small hole punch for my dollar twine from AC Moore. For the candy bag in the center of the holder I used a pretzel candy bag from the craft store and just trimmed off the top of the bag to where I wanted this to be. Here is the gray holder:



The silly bat is a stamp from Eat Cake Graphics and the "Happy Halloween" is from Endless Creations. Used black ink from Stampin Up for both treat holders. Here is the orange holder:


The spiders stamp is from Hampton Art and again used the same "Happy Halloween" stamp on this holder. These holders go together quickly and they are simple to make. If you were making up a lot of these (for a class at school or such) the kids could help with the stamping or fill the candy bags for the inside. Cute idea and thanks to Linda Beeson for sharing this. This is a good issue of the magazine and still have other projects to make -- :0)   TFL and YOLO

No comments: