Friday, July 12, 2013

Just say yes to the dress - - -


Had seen the wedding dress/bride by Ellen Kemper at  blinkthinkink.blogspot.com  and I wanted to try to make it myself. I will explain how I made mine and what punches I used as I could not find a detailed punch list used --- so here is my bride in her gown:


Punches used:

SU Trio flower punch for bouquet
SU 2 Step Bird punch for leaves in bouquet
SU Butterfly punch -- for dress
2"l by 1 1/4" scalloped oval punch for brown hair
1 1/4" circle punch -- for hat top
1 1/4" x 2" oval punch -- for hat brim
1 3/4" x 7/8" oval punch for bride's back
3/4" circle punch for circle under the bouquet
Cuttlebug Kassie's Brocade embossing folder for dress
SU Square Lattice embossing folder for hat
Cuttlegbug Swiss Dots embossing folder
Sizzix (small)  Heart, Double die for arms
Pearls from Martha Stewart
Ribbon from stash
Glue dots

To begin with card is purple card stock from SU, white is GP.  Lighter purple card stock is from the stash. Cut and scored my card base. Cut my white/GP piece larger than I would need and then embossed that using the Swiss Dots embossing folder in the Cuttlebug.  Using a lighter purple card stock piece I cut that to the size I wanted for the card front and put this on the card using the ATG. Trimmed my embossed white piece to the size I wanted for the card front and put that on with the ATG.

For the bride: To begin with I used the SU Butterfly punch and punched out 7 butterflies. I then put them in the Kassie's brocade embossing folder and embossed them. Using scissors I cut SIX of the butterflies apart down the center of the butterfly so you will have two wing pieces now. Keep one butterfly whole as this is the body of the bride. Using glue dots I began to build the dress from the bottom of the card up. The bottom row has 4 butterfly wings, then the next row has 3 butterfly wings, then the next row 2, and the next 2 again. I then put the whole butterfly at the top of this. Again these pieces are on the card with just glue dots.

Using scrap pink card stock I cut out one heart set from the Sizzix die for her arms---here is what the die pieces look like when this die cuts them out:


I used the opened heart for the arms and I rounded the point at the bottom of the heart piece for her elbows. The arms are tucked under the body piece and are held in place by the glue dots behind her body. For the bride's back I used the same pink card stock and cut out an oval using the 1 1/4" x 2" oval punch. Cut this piece in half the short way and you will have two pieces --- use one for another bride or bridesmaid. Put this oval piece on the bride's body with glue dots. Again with the glue dots I put the brown scalloped piece for her hair on top of the pink oval and then put my hat brim and hat top on that. Added a small piece of purple card stock to the hat and put that on the hat with a glue pen. Made a ribbon bow and that is on the hat with one glue dot.

For the bouquet I used the Trio flower punch for my flowers. Using a 3/4" circle punch I punched out a piece of white/GP card stock and this is the base for my bouquet. I used the leaves from the Bird punch and scrap green card stock and I cut that to the size I wanted. Using a glue dot I put this onto the small white circle and then added my small flowers on top of the leaves using glue dots. Added pearls to the bouquet. Clipped a small piece of ribbon and that is behind the bouquet. Put this on the card front using glue dots. Here is a better photo of her dress, bouquet, and hat:




Of course if you have a bride you will want a bridesmaid and here she is:


Every thing was the same on the bridesmaid but for her dress I used the D'Vine Swirls embossing folder and for her hat I used the Darice Basketweave embossing folder. Martha Stewart bow punch was used for her bow on her hat.  Here are better photos of these:






Cute punch art and who would have guessed it is all butterflies?  Ellen Kemper has many punch art projects on her blog but this was a favorite as soon as I saw it. Thanks to her for sharing her idea. TFL and YOLO

1 comment:

Brenda said...

OMGosh Candee, this is awesome!!!