Monday, July 15, 2013

Post It Note Holder


Wanted to make a Post It note holder for my friend who loves red and she is a quilter. I made this holder so she can keep it in her purse for when she is shopping. I had made a holder similar to this but that holder only holds a 1/2 pad of the Post It Notes so I wanted this one to hold a full pad so adjustments had to be made to the pattern. Here is the first holder I made that holds less than a full pad:


This original post I used the pattern from Tina on  mytherapymycreations.blogspot.com . To enlarge the pattern so I use the full Post It notes pad I cut my piece longer which changed my scored lines. Here is what I did:

Cut one piece of card stock (kraft from PTI)  3 1/4" wide  by  8 1/2" and my score lines are: 3", 3 1/2", 6 1/2", and 7". I used a stamp from Mixed Medleys and stamped it all over my kraft card stock using SU Crumb Cake ink --- I inked the stamp and stamped it off and then stamped my kraft piece. Once that was done I cut a larger piece of red card stock that I would need and used a Fiskars scallop punch for one side of the red piece. Trimmed it to the size I needed and I put it on my kraft piece at the top flap.

Using the SU Betsy's Blossoms stamp set I stamped the large flower onto cream card stock and punched it out with the matching punch. Using a circle punch I added a red circle to go behind my button. Put the flower on the top flap using large glue dots. Cutting a small oval Velcro in half I put that under the flower on the top flap with both sides of the Velcro stuck together. Then I closed my holder. This will allow both pieces of Velcro to be in the right place on my holder.

Opened the holder and using red sticky tape on the back I put the Post It Note pad in the holder. This way she will have a full pad and she can easily change the Post It notes out when she is all done. TFL and YOLO

1 comment:

Brenda said...

This is a great post it note holder Candee!!