Saturday, July 27, 2013

Summer Season Cards #4


Just got home from the post office and all 22 summer cards are in the mail. These are what I have been working on for the past few days ---

Kite card:






Go Fly a Kite Card -- this card was made using Stampin Up yellow card stock for the card, the blue card stock is from Mikes, and the white is GP. I used the My Favorite Things (MFT) kite die that I had picked up at Betty's in Greensboro. The solid card stocks for the kite base are from the scrap box and the dotted card stocks are from Mikes. The twine for the string is from my stash. The stamps for "happy summer" are from the Stampin Up stamp set Everyday Flexible Phrases. I used buttons from my stash for the greeting labels.

To emboss the white/GP piece I used the Cloudy Sky embossing folder from Darice that I had picked up at AC Moore for $1.96. I have the string for the kite on the embossed piece using Aleene's clear glue and I used glue dots for the greeting with the button. There are pop dots behind the kites for dimension. I used different card stocks for the kite base and I positioned the kite on the cards differently so they do not all look the same. Some of the kite cards are also on a blue card stock base.

This kite die was pricey but it is MFT so it cuts out your pieces well and they fall off the die so you do not have to try to pick them out of the die. This kite die can also be used for a kid's birthday card or invite or a vacation card and the like.  TFL and YOLO

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Love the kite cards Candee! They are so fun!!