Friday, July 19, 2013

Whimsie Post Its


The pattern for this Post It Note holder is from Whimsie Doodles from their blog: whimsiedoodles.blogspot.com . This holder is made using Spellbinders dies--You will need the Large Classic Scallop Square dies and I also used the Classic Square dies as well. The flower stamp is from the Gina K Designs stamp set Stenciled Silhouettes and I used markers to colour the stamps. This holder goes together rather quickly and is easy to make--here is the holder opened:


I used an Exacto knife to make the slit for my ribbon as I did not have the punch they suggested. I also suggest you used gross grain ribbon or a tightly woven ribbon as it will get a lot of use when opening and closing the holder. Here is a closer photo of the cover:


And the back of the holder:


Also a side view so you can see this holder will hold a full pack of the Post It Notes:


I used a dark pink card stock from Stampin Up for the holder and the two scalloped pieces and the pink print is from Mikes with the white from GP.  Another cute way to package and present the Post It Notes and having the scalloped card stock pieces as well as the card stock holder for the notes makes this very sturdy. TFL and YOLO

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Oh I like this Candee!!