Thursday, August 29, 2013

Autumn Leaves Card



Supplies:
--------

Stampin Up brown card stock
Stampin Up green card stock
Stampin Up speckled cream card stock
Various printed card stocks (3)
Sizzix Picket Fence die
Oval punch (jewelry section @ Hob Lob)
Stampin Up Bo Ho Blossoms punch
Stampin Up Word Window punch
Stampin Up Everyday Flexible Phrases stamp set
Stampin Up Paisley Prints stamp set
Dotted stamp from All Night Media
Darice Crackled embossing folder
Stampin Up Close to Cocoa ink
Stampin Up Going Gray ink
Stampin Up Pumpkin Pie ink
Spellbinders Back to Basics Tag dies
Stampin Up Squared Lattice punch 
Cuttlebug
Two leaf punches
Glue dots
Pop dots

Card is on a card stock base of brown card stock from SU. Cut and scored that for the card. Using the SU speckled cream card stock I cut a piece for the card front. For the green card stock I cut that a bit larger than I would need for my card.

Using two leaf punches I punched out leaves from three various card stock. Using a glue pen I positioned the punched leaves onto the green card stock. Using the Cuttlebug I embossed the green piece using the Stampin Up Square Lattice embossing folder (as usual I embossed 2 pieces of card stock for a softer embossed piece--once embossed I put the spare embossed piece in the drawer with the embossing folder for use another time). 

Once the green piece was embossed I used the Cuttlebug and the Sizzix Picket Fence die to cut out a fence using more of the SU cream speckled card stock. Sponged the fence piece using Going Gray ink from SU. Set that aside. Using the SU stamp set Everyday Flexible Phrases stamp set and stamped "happy fall" using two stamps and the SU Close to Cocoa ink. Cut this out using the Spellbinders die set Back to Basics Tags. Sponged the edges with the SU Close to Cocoa ink. Set that aside: 



For the pumpkin I used two stamps and an embossing folder. I wanted a layered pumpkin and I knew I would make the pumpkin using the oval punch but I did not want it to be a plain pumpkin. Using SU Pumpkin Pie card stock scraps first I stamped the dotted stamp from All Night Media using SU Pumpkin Pie ink. Then I used the pumpkin stamp from the SU Paisley Prints stamp set and stamped that onto scraps. For the third design I inked the raised side of the Crackle embossing folder from Darice and used a brayer on the closed folder to transfer the inked design to my scrap card stock. Once all three designs were done I used an oval punch and punched out the ovals. Again using the SU Pumpkin Pie ink I sponged the edges of my ovals. Using glue dots I layered the ovals to make the pumpkin. For the stem for the pumpkin I used the SU Word Window punch and punched that out of kraft scraps from Mikes. Sponged the edges of that using the SU Close to Cocoa ink. Put that behind the pumpkin using a glue dot. For the green leaf on the pumpkin I used a flower from the SU Bo Ho Blossoms punch and scrap green card stock. Punched out the smallest flower on the punch and used scissors to cut it to the size I needed. Put the leaf on the pumpkin with a glue dot. 



To put the card front together I trimmed my leaf/embossed green piece to the size I wanted for the card front.  Used the ATG to put the green piece on the cream speckled piece. Once those were together I put them on the card base again using the ATG. 

For the greeting tag on the picket fence I separated a piece of jute twine and tied the greeting tag onto the picket fence. Put a glue dot behind the greeting to attach it to the fence. For the picket fence I put pop dots behind the fence for dimension. Once the fence was on the card front I put pop dots behind my pumpkin and put that on the lower left corner. TFL and YOLO

4 comments:

lifesabeach32940 said...

Candee ~

What a WONDERFUL card!! I LOVE the embedded embossing technique, but I would have never thought of using leaves!! I am already thinking of a million (well, maybe not that many) ways to use this background for my fall cards.

I don't comment much (something I promise to try to do better on), but I wanted you to know that you are a HUGE inspiration for me!! Our styles are quite alike, and I appreciate the fact that you go in so much details to describe how you create one of your masterpieces!!

I, for one, appreciate your blog and the inspiration you provide!!

Thank you!! You are AWESOME!!



Judy

Candee said...

Hi Judy--thanks for the visit and the nice comment -- nice way to start my day for sure! Hoping the details help to explain things as to how I made them--too many times I see a card or a project with no details as to how or what to use to make it so I try to keep that in mind when I explain what I did or products I used. All card and projects should be fun to make and not upset us! :) Keep creating --- Candee P

Cindy said...

Hi Candee,
LOVE this card. I appreciate it being a Fall card and not just a halloween one. Very simple and nice. Having a SU party tomorrow so I hope to get that embossing folder. Again great job Candee.

Brenda said...

What a cute card Candee! I love the "happy fall" tag hanging on the fence!!