Saturday, August 3, 2013

Black, white and BOO's all over . . .

Here is a card for Boo Day (Halloween) that I made using a stamp set and then one larger stamp. Used black ink from Stampin Up and sponging was done using the Tim Holtz Black Soot ink:


The card stock base is a purple card stock from Stampin Up, black card stock is Mikes, and the white is GP. Cut and scored the purple card stock base. Cut the black card stock for the card front. Cut the larger white card stock for the card front. Once that was cut to size I used a stamp set from Hampton Art for Halloween and stamped some of the stamps from this set randomly onto the white piece. Using the Tim Holtz Black Soot ink I sponged the edges of this piece. Put that on the black card stock using the ATG.

For the smaller piece on the card front I used a small piece of lighter purple card stock and trimmed it to the size I wanted. Cut a small piece of black card stock to fit the light purple piece. Then I stamped a large Halloween stamp from Northwoods Rubber Stamps onto white/GP card stock. Cut that to size and put this stamped piece onto the black piece using the ATG.

Using twine from Hobby Lobby (20 yards for $2.99 a spool but on sale this week for 50% off) I put the twine across the small piece. I then put this onto the lighter purple piece for the card front using the ATG. Then I tied a small piece of twine into a knot on the twine already on the stamped piece. Used Aleene's clear glue to add a bit of glue to my knot so it will not come untied.

Using pop dots behind the greeting piece I put that on the card front at an angle. Added black bugs to the card front using a small bug punch from the craft store and flocked black card stock. Put the bugs on the card front using a glue pen. Then added purple crystals to two of the corners. TFL and YOLO

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Cute, cute, cute!!!