Happy me ... just learned to make two new card styles for Boo Day (Halloween) cards. I will show the two cards in these two posts that I learned yesterday and both are too cute not to share . . . I will show the ones from the class and then the ones I made --- ALSO will show a blunder that I am sure has happened to all of us at one time or another. But first -- thanks to a good teacher with great ideas and inspiration ! !
Here is the first card from the class:
Here is the card --- made with the Stampin Up Ovals Collection die set and I don't have those. . . .
Here is the front without the band:
I don't have these papers . . . but the bat is made with the Stampin Up owl punch and his wings are made with a scalloped punch and punched over that with an oval punch. Here is the card opened:
This is too cute -- from the belly band with the Washi tape to the wrapped candies inside the card to the bat to the papers . . . but again I do not have the scallop die, the Washi tape, the papers, or the stamp sets used for the inside . . . but I do have other Stampin Up dies, other papers, and plenty of Boo Day stamps . . so here is my version of this card:
HAD to make one with what I had on hand as I could not justify buying all new stuffs for one card --- for my card I used the Stampin Up Framelits die set --- using the largest die for my card shape. Then used the largest and second largest oval dies from the Ovals die set by Spellbinders. I used printed card stock from K&Company and My Mind's Eye. Used Pumpkin Pie card stock from Stampin Up for my card base and the belly band. Using an oval punch and a scalloped oval punch for the "Happy Halloween" greeting in the front. All inks from SU. Crystals are from the stash.
To begin with you need a piece of card stock 5" x 11" for the card base. Scored this at 2 3/4", 4", 7", and again at 8 1/4". Using the bone folder crease your scored lines. Fold the card on the scored lines as seen in the opened card above. Leaving your card folded and flat put the die on the card and then run it through the Cuttlebug. Once that was cut I used the two oval dies to cut the yellow print and the striped print on my card front. Then used the smaller oval die and cut out two pieces of the light yellow card stock for the inside of my card. Set these pieces aside.
For the bat use the Stampin Up Owl punch and punch out a black bat --- clip off his feet (ouch) and add the two wiggle eyes to the bat face. Use a scalloped circle punch and punch out part of a scallop circle -- then punch over this with an oval punch for the wings --- see photos:
Clip these wing pieces to the size you want and use a glue dot to put them on your bat. Using pop dots I put the bat onto the striped card stock and put pop dots behind that and put it on the yellow printed card stock. Pop dots behind that and it goes on the card front.
For the inside I trimmed off part of the yellow ovals to be straight. Put a piece of the striped card stock on the edge of the yellow ovals and put them inside the card. Using various stamps from Morningstarstamps.com and DeNami Designs, Martha Stewart and such I stamped imaged on the yellow ovals.
For the belly band I ended up using a strip 1" wide x 11 1/2" long --- had to use a piece of 12" x 12" card stock for that as I wanted my belly band to overlap in the back of my card. Once that strip was cut I scored it at 2 7/8", 3", 8 3/8", and 8 1/2". Crease the scored lines and I cut a strip of the striped card stock for the front of the belly band. Used red sticky tape to keep the band closed. For the "Happy Halloween" greeting I used SU black ink, an oval punch, and a scalloped oval punch. Added crystals above the greeting.
Here are other photos of my card:
And the two cards together -- from class and then mine: