Sunday, August 25, 2013

In the real world . . . 8 x 8 equals 64 . . .


In the real world . . . 8 x 8 equals 64 . . .    BUT in the card making world . . . 8 x 8  means 8" BY 8" square and that equals:


A real square --- but fold it in half and use a bone folder to make your crease sharp:


Then fold and crease again:


And again:


And fold the front flap down:


Now add a front embellishment and then add candies and treats and you have:




I call these BOO Bags and you can fill them up with whatever -- I used paper shred from the dollar store and various candies. I will tell you I did not use heavier double card stock but the thinner ones and they hold the shape just fine. This holder has no glue dots or adhesive as the folds hold it together. Easy to make and fun ---

For the purple print I used a wavy circle punch and then a round circle punch for the front. The "happy halloween" is stamped in purple ink from SU and that is a dollar stamp that I just inked the words on it and then stamped it on scrap white/GP card stock. Used the Word Window punch for that. For the dotted label behind it I used the new-to-me stamp set from SU A Fitting Occasion and black ink for that. Used the SU Modern Label punch for that. Added a ghost from white glittered card stock that I punched out using a Fiskars ghost punch. Added crystals and that is done. The candies are in a bag from the candy making section at the craft store and I tied that closed with thin lavender ribbon.

For the spider BOO Bag I used a scalloped circle punch and then shimmer paper from Joanns for the black circle. The "BOO TO YOU" is a stamp from Northwoods Rubber stamp and again used the two punches from SU for that. The candies are in a bag from the candy making section at the craft store and I used dollar twine from AC Moore to tie that closed. Added black shredded paper to the bag.

The last BOO Bag is Halloween printed card stock and I used the wavy punch and a circle punch for the piece in the front. "Happy Halloween" is a stamp from SU (don't know the set name) and again used the punches from SU for the labels. Added crystals from the stash and that was done --- now onto the ghost for this bag:


This is a closer photo of this ghost and I did this just to try and see if it would work or not. . . I know the Sizzix dies can cut through heavier glittered card stocks, lighter card board, and such. But I always wondered if they would cut through a foam sheet --- so I picked up a white sheet of foam at AC Moore and I tried to cut it and --- POOF --- surprisingly it cut it out --- I used a sheet of plain foam --- no glitter on it and no adhesive foam. To cut it out I used a B plate in the Cuttlebug, a piece of the foam sheet a bit larger than I needed, the die -- CUT SIDE DOWN --- and then another B plate. Ran this through the Cuttlebug and it cut it out the first try with no problems ---- Here is the die I used:


I will say when I cut out my glittered ghosts the card stock left glitter on my die so I ran the lint roller over the die a couple of times and it picked up all glitter residue and quickly too.

These BOO Bags have been around for awhile and I have made many sizes --- just be sure it is a true square and they make up nicely every time.... So more projects to help "Get your BOO on"... TFL and YOLO

1 comment:

Brenda said...

I have made these for my co-workers and they are so much fun!! Yours are so cute and I just love your foam ghosts! I made door hangers for my students and would use my dies like that to cut letters for their names, works like a charm!! That fun foam is so fun! Hugs!