Monday, August 12, 2013

Quilt Card #2


This is a quilt card I made -- second in the series -- and this is the Nine Patch pattern. I had seen the Youtube video from nonapearl and the video is "Quilting meets cardmaking" and it is a very simple video and she does an excellent job showing how-to for this card. All you need is 6 - 1" squares for this card. I do not have a 1" square punch ( how did THAT happen?? ) so I just used the paper trimmer for my squares. Once again for the printed card stock on this pattern I used the My Mind's Eye "Ooh La La" 6" x 6" paper pack of double sided papers.

Cut/punch out the squares and set them aside. Cut my cream card stock piece 3" x 3" to build the pattern on. Then put the squares onto this cream piece using double sided Scotch tape. I used tape rather than the ATG since the pieces are so small. Once the quilting was done I cut a piece of green card stock 3 1/4" x 3 1/4" to put the quilt piece on.

Cut and scored a card stock base of Old Olive card stock from SU. Used cream card stock from CTMH for the front of the card. Used a stamp from my stash and SU Old Olive ink for the greeting. Added green crystals from the stash. Put this onto the card front.



For the button on the center of my quilt piece I used a button from the button jar and snipped off the button back. Put this on the quilted square using a large glue dot. Put the quilted square onto the front of the card using the ATG. The button I used is thick so I did not want to use pop dots behind the quilted piece due to the thickness. TFL and YOLO

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Love these quilt look cards Candee!! So beautiful they are!!