Monday, August 26, 2013

Snow-Bar Treats


Had made the Snuggets using the Hershey Chocolate Nugget candies with the glove fingers for the hats:


So I decided to adapt this idea to a larger chocolate treat --- using the Hershey Snack Size chocolate candy bars. Came up with a treat holder that is using some other ideas --- snowmen and using a crimper as you would on a Sour Cream container at the bottom --- here are the Snow-Bar Treats:


These are simple to make --- I used white GP card stock and cut a piece 4" x 4 1/4". With the 4 1/4" side at the top of the score board I scored this at 1" and 1 1/4" and again at 2 3/4" and 3".  Turned it over to the right side and using a small Snowman Face stamp from Morningstarstamps.com I stamped the face. Used an orange marker for his nose.  Before I used a bone folder to crease the scored lines I put a piece of red sticky tape at the bottom of this piece and again along one side of this piece. Creased my scored lines, peeled off the plastic strips on the red sticky tape and put this holder together. Using a crimper I crimped the end of the holder that has the red sticky tape.

Once that was done I put in the snack size candy bar. Using left over bath gloves from my Snuggets project I cut off a glove finger and put that at the top of my treat holder with it folded to make his hat brim. Using a glue dot I put a pom pom on the glove. Added a piece of ribbon or twine tied around the holder. Used a black marker to make the Snowman buttons:



 Easy, quick, and cute. I used a lighter card stock for the white wrapper --- did not want to use the heavier more expensive card stocks for something that will be tossed anyways. TFL and YOLO

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Oh Candee, these are adorable too!! And I'm sure that the goblins will like a larger piece of candy too! lol Hugs!