Friday, August 16, 2013

Snuggets

*** These were chosen as a FAV on Splitcoast for the week-- Thanks to Kadie for sharing her ever so cute idea and thanks to SCS for chosing them as a FAV ***


Had seen these made up on   kardsbykadie.blogspot.com.  She had instructed she used kids red gloves from the dollar store but with it being in the 90s here our dollar store does not have gloves or mittens . . .   So off to the dollar store I went thinking I should be able to find something I could use and so I did:


Hardly red for Christmas but these will do. I bought one of each colour and these are in the aisle with the soaps/shampoos and such. Following what the instructions said I made these little guys up and they are as high on the cutie-patootie scale as the Boo Bumps I just made for Boo Day/Halloween. These are just the Hershey nugget candies and sooooo easy to make and sooooo cute:



Supplies I used:

Small snowman face stamp from Morningstarstamps.com
StazOn black ink
Orange marker
Hershey choc nugget candies
white card stock 1" x 3 1/8" for the nugget wrapper
Knit gloves
Pom pom
Glue dots

Cut the white card stock**  to the 1" x 3 1/8" for the wrapper for the nugget. Stamped the small snowman face onto the white card stock. Used an orange marker for the nose. Put the wrapper on the candy nugget using glue dots on the back.

For the hat I used scissors to cut off the fingers of the gloves and folded the cut end over twice and put this on the nugget as the hat. This little hat will stay on the nugget by itself but you can use a glue dot if you would like. Using one small glue dot I added a small pom pom to the hat. Used some sparkly pom poms and also plain pom poms for the hats. ** As for the white card stock --- I used white/GP rather than the white card stock from PaperTreyInk or Stampin Up. The nugget wrappers always work better with a lighter weight card stock that can be wrapped around the nugget candy easily.

So these will go with all the other nugget treat holders --- the nugget hats, purses, boxes, Boo Bumps, and the list goes on and on. These went together rather quickly as I did all the trimming for the nugget wrappers, stamped them, coloured the orange nose, cut the gloves and put the hats on, and added a pom pom. Simple as that.





Thanks to Kadie for sharing these and I know I will be making them for Christmas --- with red and green hats and the blue for snow themed nuggets. TFL and YOLO

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Yippee!!! More nugget treats for me to make. Love them and the halloween ones too! You hit the ball out of the park again Candy, thank you!

Candee said...

Thanks Cindy for the nice comment--the thing I was concerned with with the Snuggets was I was afraid once I cut the glove fingers that they would unravel. But they did not and folding them twice keeps the fold in place. As for the M & Ms Story those were very popular when I made them for my craft show and the M & Ms inside the holder are the Fun Size M & Ms and they fit nicely in the holder. Thanks again for your visit and comments. Candee P

Brenda said...

OMGosh Candee, these are adorable! I can't wait to try out some of these!!!