Sunday, September 29, 2013

Buggy B00's Card


New die set from Stampin Up -- the Circle Thinlits die set. Comes with the die for your card shape as well as extra dies to decorate your cards with. Have made two other cards using this die already -- the first is a one layered card cutting it as the die shape is:


Front of this card and when it is opened:


Cute but it can be more if you cut your card stock longer for your card base:


And when this card is opened you can see the back of the circle piece:


If you look at these two cards the first one the decorated card stock is trimmed to show the card stock base around the pieces. The second card I cut the decorated card stock using the die and used full pieces so you do not see the card stock base around the decorated card stock pieces so two different looks.

Finally figured out the trick to using this die and getting pieces that fit perfectly around the swing circle is to cut your decorated card stock by using the die:



SU also sells a magnetic plate for your die cut machine to keep the die pieces in place but with the cost of this die set plus the shipping and handling I will continue to use my blue painters tape to keep my die in place which saves me $$ -- esp since I already have painter's tape in my craft room for my Spellbinders dies. Once you cut the decorated card stock using the die you will have enough cut pieces for two cards so it can't get much easier than that.

Cute cards and I like the Circle Thinlits die as well as the words, banners, and shapes that come with it but can this card be more than what I already have made ? ? ?

Here is my card I made using the die as usual but my circle is now on the bottom and opens from the right side instead of the left --


The above photo is the front of my card and the photo below is the back side of the swing circle that is on the inside of the card:


Here is this card show from the back:


Makes a lot of sense to cut the decorated card stock using the die as well so that the curves around the swing circle will match your card stock base.  When you cut the decorated card stock using the die just follow the scored lines the die makes on your card stock with a pair of scissors and you will have your curved pieces. So much easier to cut these pieces using the die and then use your trimmer to trim off about 1/4" inch to allow your card stock base to show.

Probably could use the card turned on it's side as well -- so another card made with the new die. For my bugs I used flocked black card stock and the smaller bugs were made using a dollar bin bug stamp from the craft store and the larger bug on the inside of the card is from Marth. (Martha Stewart)  Added black and white Washi tape to the front flap of my card. Orange crystals are from AC Moore.

This die set is more versatile than I thought and hoping to get lots of use also from the banner dies, words, and shapes that come in this set. TFL and YOLO

** Welcome to a new blog follower (thank you) and hoping you will find something here to inspire you **

No comments: