Saturday, September 21, 2013

Halloween Midnight Card


For this card I used the Faux Tile technique on the white piece -- this card I did the tile lines on the diagonal rather than up and down and straight across as in this card:


For the Halloween card I did the scored lines closer than the card above. Two different looks but the grout lines/tile show up well on both cards.

Supplies for the Halloween card:

SU black card stock
SU yellow card stock
SU orange card stock
Black and white stripe card stock from AC Moore
White/GP card stock
Candy corn ribbon
SU Modern Label punch
Yellow crystals
Sponge for black ink
Glue dots

To begin with I cut and scored the black card stock for the card base. Using the ATG I put the black and white striped card stock on the left front of the card. Set that aside.

Cut a piece of white/GP card stock larger than I would need and used the Martha Stewart score board for the grid lines. I did this on the diagonal and these lines are 1/2" apart. Did the piece lengthwise first and then turned it and did the other scored lines. Once the lines were all scored I used StazOn black ink and stamped the Halloween stamp from Northwoods Rubber Stamps. Trimmed this to the size I would need for the card front and then sponged the edges using SU black ink.





Cut a piece of yellow card stock and orange card stock for the card front. Put my stamped grid piece on the yellow/orange piece using the ATG. Added the candy corn ribbon. Put this on the card front and then added the yellow crystals.

For the "Halloween Wishes" I used another stamp from Northwoods Rubber Stamps and I used the SU Modern Label punch to punch that out and a second label piece from scrap black card stock. Put the greeting on the card front using glue dots. This photo shows the grid lines close up:


Easy card to make once you have your scored grid lines on the white card stock. Also as you can see in my two cards the grid lines show up more when you use a darker ink. Here is the card again:


When you score your card stock be sure you have a good scored line and remember once it is all scored to turn it over and then stamp your image. This way the stamped image will leave clean grid lines. TFL and YOLO

1 comment:

Brenda said...

That's a great technique Candee! I am loving how it looks so much like tile! Both cards are fabulous!