Monday, September 16, 2013

Halloween Splatter Card


Card stock base is Stampin Up black, purple is also SU, and the white is speckled card stock. Used different pieces of scraps for the splatters. Used the Martha Stewart Blood Splatter Punch (gross name) that I picked up last week @ AC Moore.

Cut and scored the black card stock base. Cut the purple piece to fit on the card front. For the white piece I cut that larger than the size I would need. Punched out the splatter pieces and put them on the white piece randomly with a glue pen. Once those were all on I then used the brick wall embossing folder from Sizzix/TH Brick/Woodgrain set. As usual when I emboss card stock I emboss two pieces at a time. This gives a softer embossed piece and the card stock does not rip/tear. (The extra embossed piece then goes back in the file with the embossing folder for another card/project).


With the white embossed piece I now trimmed this to the size I wanted for the card front. Looking at the card front you will see I did not turn the card with the bricks going side to side--this embossing folder has spaces with no bricks and that is why I used it with the splatters. Once trimmed to the size I wanted I then sponged the edges of this with black ink. Put this onto the purple piece using the ATG. Took a piece of black and white striped ribbon from the stash and ran that across the front of the card. Put the purple/white pieces onto the black card stock base using the ATG.

For the label I used "Happy Halloween" which is a stamp from the Gina K Designs "Wicked" stamp set and StazOn**  black ink. Cut this out using a die from the SU Chalk Talk die set. Using the drippy border punch from Martha I punched out a purple piece and put that at the bottom of the greeting tag. Using black crystals from AC Moore I put them on the top sides of the tag. Put this onto the card front using pop dots.




 Easy card to make. TFL and YOLO  ** Staz On ink --- here is a tip I use for my new StazOn pads:


AC Moore has their stamp pads on sale this week so I bought a new StazOn black pad. In the above photo you will see this explained using two of my ink pads. In the upper left corner you see the new ink pad closed. Then next to that you see it opened. Toss out the small square labeled piece.

In the second row you see the ink pad opened with the plastic cover that comes with it on the ink pad and I have the lid to the right of that. I used a large clear glue dot and put it on the bump on the inside of the lid. The last row shows this tip in action. Once you put the clear glue dot over the bump on the inside of the lid then put the lid back onto the stamp pad over the plastic cover. Make sure your ink pad is closed. Use your thumb and press the center of the top of the ink pad. This will make the glue dot stick to the plastic lid.

Now when you open your StazOn pad you can use one hand as you will not have to remove the plastic cover over the ink pad as the glue dot will hold it in place on the lid. Your ink pad will still close tightly and be sealed for storing as usual.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Neat card Candee, I haven't seen this punch before! Will have to check it out! Yes, this is what I do with my staz on inks. Works wonderfully!!