Thursday, September 19, 2013

Pumpkin Pops


This is a free standing holder for the Tootsie Pop and I decorated it for Fall but you could decorate for Boo Day (Halloween) or Thanksgiving. This is an easy holder to make but it may sound confusing -- but I took photos as I went along to help explain the how-to's of it.

To begin with I used SU Pumpkin Pie card stock. Using the Spellbinders Pumpkins Die set I cut out 6 of the largest pumpkins in the Cuttlebug:


Using the 1 3/4" circle punch put the punch as far into the pumpkin as you can from the bottom:


To be sure I was centered on my pumpkins I decided to punch out a circle from white card stock and put removable adhesive on this circle. I then centered it on all my pumpkin pieces and then punched out my circles in the pumpkins:


I used three different embossing folders and embossed my pumpkin pieces. I used the Swiss Dots, D'Vine Swirls, and a Paisley embossing folder from Sizzix. I embossed two pumpkins at a time. Once they were all embossed I sponged the edges with SU Pumpkin Pie ink.

Once the pumpkin pieces are cut out, punched, embossed, and sponged now you need to take them to the score board and score them down the center to make the fold --- I used the 2" mark on the score board for my pumpkins but just make sure you are in the center. I folded these on the scored lines with my hands and I did not use the bone folder.

Now for assembly -- I made three piles --- 2 pumpkins in each pile with the same embossing on them. Using the ATG I put adhesive on the back side of the embossed pumpkin piece on the left side of the pumpkin only. See the photo:


As you can easily see in this photo you would put your adhesive across the half of the bottom of the pumpkin you see and on the pumpkin piece you see but again not on the stem. Be sure to have adhesive by the circle you punch in the center of your pumpkin pieces and not just on the outer edges of your pieces.  Then you just keep "building" your pumpkin using these pieces. Be sure you are keeping wrong sides together when you use the ATG/adhesive so that your embossing will be showing on your pumpkin pieces. Keep working with all your pumpkin pieces and the ATG and before you know it they will all be stuck together and you will have your pumpkin holder. Tip here is to use a different embossed pattern with each layer you tape down. Once you have your pumpkin shape made put a Tootsie Pop in the holder upside down with the stick going through the center of the stem part at the top. Here is what it looks like looking down at the holder:



For the green swirly piece I used the Sizzix die Flourishes #11 and scrap green card stock to cut that out. Used a leaf punch for the leaf. Tied green ribbon around the stick and tied a bow. For the greeting "happy fall" I used two stamps from the SU Everyday Flexible Phrases. Punch it out using a small tag punch from Martha Stewart and I sponged the edges of the tag with SU Dusty Durango ink. Tied it on the lollipop stick using a small piece of twine.

Another free standing Tootsie Pop holder for the holidays. This may seem complicated but once you make one it will all make sense. Hoping the photos help ---


The Tootsie Pop will rest on the circles in the pumpkin pieces and you do not have to use glue dots or anything to keep it in place. These would also make nice table markers on a holiday table or on a buffet table as well. TFL and YOLO

5 comments:

Brenda said...

What a cute idea Candee!! I love how cute this looks!

Brenda in IN said...

Love tootsie roll pops. This is so cute.

lifesabeach32940 said...

How cute is this?

(VERY CUTE!!)

Judy

CM2 said...

You continue to amaze with the sharing of such cute ideas! Thank you! :-)

MaryH said...

So very cute. Clever YOU! TFS