Thursday, September 5, 2013

Spooky Spider Card


Had seen the Tri Fold Halloween card from dawn5377 on Youtube --- this card is toooo cute and surprisingly went together faster than I thought. I had seen Dawn's video and decided to make my own version but of course . . . I can't just make a copy of her card -- so I changed a few things up.... Dawn used the square punch and I used the Stampin Up Curly Label punch. She used all SU card stocks but I felt they would be too heavy so my card is on a card stock base of SU but my black is from Mikes and the print I used is from the big paper pack from Debbie Mumm. Here is my card:


Above is the card closed and now opening it:


And one more time:


My spider is in the inside of the card and to the left of the spider I will be putting my greeting stamp before I send it out. Here is a photo of the card opened flat:



I used a circle punch and put that onto two black pieces I punched out using the SU Curly Label punch so they stand out on the card. Here is a closer photo of that and my greeting label on the card front:





Here are the sizes for the card stock base:

SU Pumpkin Pie card stock cut to 5 1/2" x 10 3/4". Score this piece at 3 1/2" and again at 7 1/8". Here is the supply list for my card:

SU Pumpkin Pie card stock
Mikes black card stock
Debbie Mumm's printed card stock
Scrap white/GP card stock
SU Curly Label punch
SU Spooky Bingo Bits stamp set
SU Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set
SU Word Window punch
SU Modern Label punch
1" circle punch
SU Black ink
Crystals
Ribbon
Glue dots

I suggest you watch Dawn's video --- as it is easier to understand watching her make the card and the video is not too long to watch. Here is the front of my card standing:


Thanks to Dawn for a cute card and SOOOO easy to make. TFL and YOLO

1 comment:

Brenda said...

What a cute and clever card Candee!!! You amaze me with your talents!