Friday, October 4, 2013

Golden Leaves Card


Again for this card I used the painter's tape technique but in a different way -- had seen a Thank You card by Lynne S. and she added a twist to this technique --- here is an Autumn card I had made earlier using this technique:


In my card above I had 5 stripes and after I made the stripes I embossed this piece using the Leaves embossing folder by Paper Studio @ Hobby Lobby. On my card the stripes are darker and definite stripes. On Lynne's card she only used 4 stripes and she made her stripes lighter so they have a softer look. Then she used a stamp set with leaves that had the outline leaves.

I looked through my binder for my SU stamps and the only set of leaf stamps that I had with outlined stamps is the 2003 stamp set Lovely Leaves. I used gold metallic  ink from Tsukineko and randomly stamped three of the leaf stamps from this set. on my striped piece.  With the lighter stripes behind the gold leaves it really shows off the gold ink --- tried to capture this with the camera:


Remember to allow a little extra time for your gold ink to dry as it is a metallic ink. I used a stamp that says Autumn Greetings and stamped that onto scrap card stock. Then I used a charm tag die from the Spellbinders die set Charmed, I'm Sure and I cut out the "Autumn" only. Sponged the edges of that and put it on the card front with glue dots and added gold twine tied in a bow to the tag:


A much softer look for this technique and thanks to Lynne S. for sharing her card. TFL and YOLO


No comments: