Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Snow Swirled Fun Card


Am a happy camper when I can make more items with my Spellbinders dies than what they are for. . . Had bought the Spellbinders Eggs Die set for your typical Easter cards - -  made eggs, bunnies, and basically that was all I could do. . . Here are a couple of photos of past projects using the Spellbinders Egg Die set:


Put pieces of printed card stock on a base of white/GP card stock and once that was done I then cut out my egg shape using the largest egg die in the die set. Once cut out I put it in the D'Vine Swirls embossing folder to emboss the egg piece. Cute but Easter always has bunnies so I made some of those:



Eggs and bunnies and bunnies and eggs. . . and from then until now the Spellbinders Egg Die set was safely put away. . . until today . . .

Shopping this week and surprise (not) all the craft stores are putting their Christmas items out. One store had two aisles of ornaments and while looking at those I saw a felt snowman ornament and he was an egg shape
snowman so I thought I would make one for the front of a card. So here is the card with my snowman:


Used the third largest egg die in the set and cut out an egg**  using white/GP card stock. Sponged the edges of that using Bashful Blue ink. Cut a 'scarf' using scissors and the bow is a Marth punch (Martha Stewart). Added a clear crystal to the bow center. Using the multi heart punch from Marth I punched out a red heart and again made the arm/branch using scissors on scrap brown card stock. The face for the snowman is a stamp from Morningstarstamps.com (love them) and I stamped that using StazOn black ink. Used an orange marker for his nose.

For "happy freezin' season" that is a stamp from Inky Antics and again I used the Bashful Blue ink. Used the small and large tag punches for that piece. Once I had the greeting stamp/tag piece punched out I then sponged the edges of that with the blue ink. Added ribbon and 'hairy' sparkly yarn to the tag top.

For the glittered snow I used very sparkly glittered card stock from Doodlebug and punched that out using the large scalloped punch from Marth. The snow swirled card stock I just picked up at Betty's at her sale. Used pop dots behind the snowman and the gift tags.

** Tip for the face for the snowman - I stamped this face first and then cut it out using the egg die so I could be sure the face was straight and centered on the egg shaped snowman.

Here is a closer photo of the tags:


and the snowman to show the blue sponging on the snowman:


TFL and YOLO  ~ ~ ~   Thanks to my new follower of my blog and hoping you find something that will inspire you here. :0)

No comments: