Friday, October 25, 2013

Snowman Christmas Card


Card stock base is a light blue from Close To My Heart. White is GP, and the Core'dations card stock is the embossed layer on the card front. To begin with I wanted to use the snowman from this stamp:


But it is a tag stamp from the Tags for All SU stamp set and this photo shows what it looks like if I stamped it as is. To just get the snowmen stamped I used a black marker on the snowmen only and stamped that onto a piece of white/GP card stock that was cut 4" x 5 1/4". Once this was stamped I then used markers for the hats, scarfs, and carrot noses. Used a glue pen that I scribbled below the snowmen and put white glitter on that. Set it aside to dry.

For the Core'dations piece I cut that 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". Used the Spellbinders oval die set and cut out an oval 'window' in the front of the Core'dations piece. Used the Sizzix/Tim Holtz embossing folder Snowflake Pattern and embossed this piece in the Cuttlebug. Here is a photo of the embossing folder package to show what the set looks like:


Once my piece was embossed I used a sanding block for paper crafts and sanded the front of the Core'dations to reveal the darker blue background. Once that was done I trimmed this to the size I wanted for the card front. I put this over the snowman piece so I would know the size I needed to trim the snowman piece.

Using the ATG I put the snowman on the card front. Before I added the embossed 'window' piece I put two pieces of white ribbon on each side of the oval 'window'. Trimmed this piece for the card front. Using the ATG I put this embossed piece over the snowmen.




For the greeting "merry Christmas" I used the SU stamp set Petite Pairs for that and stamped that onto white/GP card stock using the Close To My Heart Heavenly Blue ink. Used the Bitty Banners die set to cut out the greeting. Added blue crystals to that and put the banner on the card front using pop dots.




Added three small snowflakes punched with a Marth (Martha Stewart) punch from Doodlebug white glittered card stock. Put these snowflakes on the card front using glue dots.  TFL and YOLO


1 comment:

Brenda said...

This is a beautiful card Candee! Love that snowflake embossing and love the snowman stamp you used. The snow and glitter looks so fabulous!