Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Truly Grateful Thanksgiving Card


Wanted to make another Thanksgiving card but wanted to break away from the leaves, pumpkins, rusts, browns, and other Autumn colours. So decided to use the SU Sahara Sand card stock for the card base. The blue card stock is Baja Breeze and the front piece is Very Vanilla.

Cut and scored the card stock base and cut the blue piece to size. Set those aside. For the Very Vanilla piece I used the SU Truly Grateful stamp set and stamped the background piece using Sahara Sand ink. Using the acorn stamp from that set I stamped that onto scrap Very Vanilla card stock. Using the SU small tag punch I punched the acorn out. For the brown tag behind it I used scrap brown card stock. Using Crumb Cake ink I sponged the edges of the acorn piece and then put this on the brown tag. At the top of the tag piece I used the Horizontal Slot punch and punched that for my ribbon to go through. My original plan was to tie the jute/twine around the ribbon piece at the tag top but the ribbon is too bulky for that. Instead I put the ribbon piece through the slot and used a glue dot to keep them in place. Tied a small piece of the jute/twine into a bow and put that on the front of the ribbon using a glue dot. Set that aside:


Using the "Truly Grateful" stamp from the stamp set I stamped this onto the Very Vanilla piece on the lower right front corner. Once this was stamped then I sponged the edges of the Very Vanilla piece using the Crumb Cake ink. Put this onto the the Baja blue piece using the ATG and then put these on the card base front.

Did not want sparkles on the front of this card so I did not want to use crystals by the stamped greeting. Instead I used a small circle punch and punched out two circle from the scrap brown card stock and put these next to the stamped greeting using a glue pen. Put the tag piece on the card front using large glue dots.

This card has a softer look since I used lighter inks -- remember when using the large background stamp in this stamp set that it has a direction so keep that in mind when working with it:


The acorn stamp from this set has a lot of detail and is a good size if you were to use it with leaves. Nice stamp set from SU --- Also think out of the box for Thanksgiving --- break away from the Autumn colours and see what inspires you. TFL and YOLO


1 comment:

Brenda said...

I love the simplicity and the muted tones of this card Candee!