Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Happy Birthday Swing Card


Used the SU Circle Thinlits die set to make this card -- red card stock is SU and the floral print is Basic Gray. Had made cards like this before for B00 Day (Halloween) and Thanksgiving so decided to make one for a birthday card.

Once I cut my red card stock with the Circle Thinlits die set I folded it on the scored lines. Then I cut my Basic Gray floral print for the card and set that aside. Using a piece of scrap brown card stock I used the scalloped circle die from the Thinlits set and cut that out. Once that was cut I used a 1 1/2" circle punch and punched out a circle from the center of the brown scalloped piece. Used a clear sheet of plastic (you can buy this at the 'copy center' desk at Office Max/Depot in loose sheets) and then cut out a circle from that using the second smallest circle die from Spellbinders. Using the 1 1/2" circle punch I punched out the center of the circle on the card base I had cut out. Then used red sticky tape and put the plastic circle on the circle on the card base. Put the brown scalloped circle over that again using the red sticky tape.

Put the floral card stock on the red card base. For the front of my clear plastic circle I used a 1 1/8" circle punch and punched out a flower from the floral card stock and put that on the clear circle using glue dots:




The above photo shows the backside of the circle on the card front --This "happy birthday" stamp is from the SU Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set---it is a long stamp so I just used the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig and stamped the words on top of each other to make the greeting fit my card. Stamped that onto cream card stock and punched it out with the 1 1/8" circle punch. Again put this on the clear circle using glue dots. Added bling to the brown scalloped circle on the card front.

Stamped a greeting from the SU Birthdays Count stamp set on cream card stock and cut that to the size I wanted for the back of the card:


Like the look of the clear plastic circle on the Circle Thinlits card  -- had used a plastic circle on these cards as well:



The Circle Thinlits is a good set to own --- lots of dies in that set which helps justify the cost of that. TFL and YOLO

Here are photos of the bow maker I made and nugget purses to match the card:



1 comment:

Brenda said...

Beautiful projects Candee!