Friday, November 8, 2013

Rustic Christmas Card


Bought this stamp from Stampendous at Hob Lob (Hobby Lobby) and wanted to make a cream card and use red ink --- soon discovered that since this pattern on this stamp is made with tiny hearts and if you ink the stamp as we normally would it would be too inky and the pattern would blend into a mess:




Here is the front of the stamp to show the pattern and detail:


I used a card stock base of SU Ruby Red and I used Ruby Red ink on my stamp. Rather than ink the stamp I just ran the ink pad over the stamp in a circular motion which covered the stamp but did not put excess ink on it. Stamped that onto SU Very Vanilla card stock. Cut a piece of kraft card stock from Mikes to go behind this piece and put it on my card front.

Used a "Merry Christmas" stamp also from Hob Lob (their brand) and stamped that using brown ink at the lower front of the card. Added ribbon from the stash and tied a knot and put that on my ribbon.

Here is the card I made:


Simple card to make once I swirled the ink pad across the design rather than to stamp it onto the ink pad. TFL and YOLO


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the look of this card. Thank you for all your sharing.
Hugs and smiles, Reva

Now to check HL website for that stamp. :>)

Brenda said...

This is pretty Candee, almost looks like you used a sweater!