Sunday, November 3, 2013

Truly Grateful Candy Box


Used kraft card stock from a paper pack @ Mikes. Used a SU wheel stamp I had removed from the wheel ( I have removed all my stamps from the wheels). This stamp is "Leaves and Swirls".

To begin with I used a sheet of the kraft card stock and cut it in half width wise at 5 1/2". Cut the box out using the Sizzix machine and the Sizzix/SU die Candy Wrapper Box. Before creasing my scored lines the die makes on the card stock I stamped my stamp using Close to Cocoa ink down the center of the die cut piece. Then used the bone folder to crease all the scored lines --- twisted one end of the Candy Wrapper Box closed, added treats, and twisted the other end to close the box. Set this aside.

For the banner piece on the front of the box --- I used the acorn from the SU stamp set Truly Grateful and stamped that with the Close to Cocoa ink. Used a stamp from the SU stamp set "Happy Blessings" for the greeting under the acorn. When stamped that stamp reads this:


But I only wanted the lower two lines stamped on my banner piece so I inked only those two lines. Stamped it under the acorn and used a banner punch from EK Success and punched that out. Sponged the edges using the Close to Cocoa ink. Cut out a second banner from the kraft card stock and put that under the stamped banner piece with the kraft banner lower so you can see the points of the kraft banner piece at the bottom of the stamped banner piece:


Once my banner pieces were together using the ATG I used jute/twine and made a bow for the top of the acorn. Put that on the acorn using a glue dot and added a brown crystal to that.


Another cute treat holder/candy box that would make a nice favor or be put at a place setting at the table. TFL and YOLO

No comments: