Monday, February 10, 2014

Valentine Cards


Card stock base is black card stock, red is Mikes, and white is GP. Used a Fiskars heart punch for the heart and made a stencil of the heart -- then sponged that for the card front. Used StazOn black ink for the "Love" and that is a stamp from Inkadinkado. "XO" at the top of the card is Washi Tape. Here is a closer photo to show the red crystals I added to the card front:


This next card:


This has a card stock base of Pomegranate, white is GP and the heart printed card stock is from Hobby Lobby. Used a die from Sizzix for the scalloped white envelope that holds the hearts. I used a hearts die from MFT for the hearts and a M Stewart punch for the pink hearts. Used three embossing folders to emboss my die cut hearts. Used a M Stewart tag punch for the "Love" heart piece.

This next card:


Pomegranate card stock for card base, white is GP, and hearts printed card stock is from Hobby Lobby. Used the Adorning Accents border embossing folders for the embossed hearts at the bottom of the card. Again the white envelope and hearts are die cut and the pink hearts are from a M Stewart punch.

This next card:


Black/red hearts print from Hobby Lobby. Card stock base is white** from Mikes, black is also from Mikes. Ribbon is from the stash. Again dies were used for the envelope and hearts.

This next card:


White card stock base is from Mikes, pomegranate is the darker pink, and the hearts print is from Hobby Lobby. Again dies were used for the hearts and white envelope. For this card I used striped card stock across the front where I would usually have ribbon.

This next card:


Card stock base is black, white is GP, and red hearts print is from Hobby Lobby. Used the Adorning Accents border embossing folder for the hearts at the bottom of the card. Ribbon is from the stash. Black envelope is a die cut as are the hearts inside. 

Some of the cards are duplicates so these are only some of the cards --- as for the ** white. I almost never use white card stock base for my cards --- the white and the Very Vanilla card stocks from Stampin Up are not like their coloured card stock --- they seem thinner. When Mikes recently began to sell 110 lb white card stock I bought a pack --- we had used that weight at my January card making class with Daphne at Betty's and I had never used it before. So for my Valentine Cards some of them have the white card stock base. It is a good weight for the card stock base and even with the die cut envelope and hearts on the front of the card the white card stock is not "floppy" with that extra weight on the card front. Am glad Mikes sells this weight card stock and I always use coupons to buy a pack of it so it is a good deal. TFL and YOLO


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Candee, My daughter purchased at WalMart Georgia Pacific white card stock 250 sheets of 110#- 8.5 x 11. She didn't say what she paid for the package about a year ago. Michaels for us is in El Paso, TX or Albuquerque, NM. I am not much help in the passing along info department.
Thanks for all your help ideas that you share. Hugs & Smiles, Reva

Brenda said...

Beautiful cards Candee! I use mostly Georgia Pacific white or Paper Trey Ink paper in white. They paper is even more heavy than SU. I use SU card stock as well. Just depends on what I have on hand. I don't have a Mike's near by or I would check out their card stock.