Monday, April 7, 2014

Craft Studio VS Craft Room


Had seen photos of a craft studio that belonged to this woman who was sharing her photos --- white cabinetry, glass front cabinets, self closing drawers, granite counter tops. . .  Everything in it's place and a place for everything. Very nice. Very organized. Very pretty. Very not me . . .

Can honestly say I have a Craft Room and not a studio -- my cabinets/counter tops are from a lawyer's office in Raleigh that was being demolished --- this is a shelf/cabinet from a local store that was remodeling and wanted this unit out ASAP:





Picked it up and brought it home and it holds so much . . . Here is the metal shelf that DH got for free from an auto shop that had closed and he bought car parts from --- the landlord wanted this building emptied out and he gave the shelf to DH and happy me he gave it to me ---



Holds a lot and love that. Then I have the towel/shelf holder you would use in a bathroom that I turned upside down and it holds markers, and tools, and such on my 1950s red formica table with the chrome legs:



The marker holders are PVC pipes DH cut for me and I painted them --

Metal file holders from the thrift store for my card stock:



Old bakers rack from a barn sale holds my loose wooden stamps:



Wooden CD holders for ink pads, Sizzix dies, heavy glasses from the dollar store holds tools, scissors, brown craft mats and such, old mason jar holds the heat tool. Plastic dog treat jars hold my ribbons -- our old dog did not seem to mind helping me collect my jars . . .   :0)    Bought Jet Max cubbies off Craigs List for $8.00 each -- already assembled --- cleaned them up and filled them up. (Mikes has their Recollection cubbies on sale this week for 60% off and that is a savings). Here is one of  the CD racks:



Spray painted it white to match the JetMax cubbies.

Wheeled kitchen cart from a thrift store that can be moved around the craft room for extra tabletop space:



So no Craft Studio here -- I don't have granite counter tops in the kitchen so I don't have them in the Craft Room but none the less I love my Craft Room and as hodge-podge as it is? I would not worry if inks get on my counter tops, glue on my carpet remant . . . Point is whatever you have for a Craft Room or a shared crafting area in a guest room (as was my first crafting space), or even a closet you have emptied out and keep all your cubbies and boxes of supplies in --- it is yours and enjoy. Be sure to allot yourself time to create as it will make you much happier and you give something of yourself with all you create be it a scrap book, card, project, whatever. Just know the recipient is thrilled to have a special hand made item from you. So enjoy all you do in your crafting space be it a Craft Studio VS a Craft Room. TFL and YOLO

3 comments:

Brenda said...

I love your room Candee and to me it is just as beautiful and organized as the fancy ones you talk of. I don't have granite counter tops either, so I know I would never them in a craft room and if I were to every have them I'd be afraid I would ruin them. You might have a hodge poge of storage, but it is all nicely matched and looks so nice. Your room is a keeper my friend and as pretty as any fancy one. Hugs

MaryH said...

Very nice layout indeed. You are SO organized. Need to have you come down & get my space organized so that I can find things that I know I have! :-) TFS

Lisa Barefoot said...

Love your Room Candee, very neat and organized.