Sunday, April 13, 2014

Who came first? The bunny or the egg ? ? ?


Who came first? The bunny or the egg ? ? ?  In this case I would have to say the bunny - - -

Picked up this background stamp for $1.00, never used, at the Annual Customer Garage Sale at Betty's last weekend and when I saw this stamp I thought of this egg --- the stamp is from Hobby Lobby and the original price of the stamp is $8.99, so a good deal for me.

Made two cards using this stamp --- one in lavender and the other is pink and here they are:


For each card I cut and scored the card stock base. Set that aside. Then I cut two pieces of the white/GP card stock 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". Laid them on top of each other and I put them inside the Swiss Dots embossing folder and ran them through the Cuttlebug. I always emboss two pieces of card stock at a time as you get a softer embossed looking piece and your embossed design will not rip or tear in the design. Once they were embossed I trimmed them to 4" x 5 1/4" and put these on the card stock base for the fronts of the cards.

Here is the lavender card:


For my egg I inked the new-to-me background stamp using lavender ink and stamped a piece of white card stock larger than my Spellbinders Egg die I was using for my egg shape. Once that was stamped I cut it out in the Cuttlebug. Once cut out I sponged the edges of my egg piece:


Using the Bunny die from Impression Obsession I cut out a bunny from brown flocked card stock**. Put the bunny on the front of the egg piece using small glue dots. Then put the egg on the front of the card stock using pop dots for dimension. Used the bow punch from M Stewart for the bow and added a crystal from the stash to the center of the bow. Here is this card in pink:



As you can see the bunny on the pink card is facing the other direction --- you can accomplish this by cutting a bunny out of the backside of your flocked card stock and then cut out another bunny with the die on the front side of your flocked card stock. Again added a bow and a crystal from the stash.

**Cut out two bunnies from kraft card stock and put my flocked bunnies on each kraft bunny using a glue pen. This makes your bunny cut out more rigid and not floppy. TFL and YOLO


4 comments:

PennyH said...

Oh my goodness! These are adorable!! I love how everything coordinates...the colors, right down to the little rhinestones on the bows.

MaryH said...

Just cute as can be! I'm liking that flocked paper too. Looks like choc'late. TFS & Hugs

MaryH said...

Even cuter IRL! Thanks so much for the sweet card.

Cindy Dean said...

I love the bunny card. Adorable.
I just found your You Tube Video- now
I am stalking you there too.

Cindy Dean